Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Heads Up Drag Race! Run what You Brung! :) Sept 16, 2017

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by crashfarmer, Jul 21, 2017.

1. crashfarmer

crashfarmer
    from Iowa

I'm pretty excited to find out about this event! A run what you brung drag race at the airport in Atlantic, Iowa Saturday September 16th from 10 to 6. I haven't found out a lot about it yet but I intend to. Does anybody else know anything about this?

[​IMG]

wraymen likes this.
  2. crashfarmer

crashfarmer
    from Iowa

I texted the first number but no one has got back to me yet, I suppose I should text the other one.

3. Spectators free! I hope that catches on over here on the coast.

Max Gearhead likes this.
  4. I don't see the year posted on the flyer? Maybe its a old advertizment?

5. carryallman

carryallman

sounds like fun ! probably bring the "stock" 48 anglia over ! its run a 16.80 in the 1/8 at eddyville -won a high et award ? maybe with a flag starter -my oponents wont red lite against me ? with there 6.80 cars ?? let us know more -if you need volunters -workers let me know thanks mike

crashfarmer likes this.
  6. carryallman

carryallman

after reading the flyer again & seeing the free spectators thing ! WOW sounds like the money going to them is a great idea-worthy causes !maybe some spectators will donate some more money ?? only my 2 cents worth??ive seen a lot of cases where the shriners have helped people a lot !

crashfarmer likes this.
  7. crashfarmer

crashfarmer
    from Iowa

I know!

When I first saw it I thought it was a 50's era thing and not a current one and I was wishing that it could be done in this day and age. Then I looked again and saw the phrase, "Call or Text" and the current phone numbers and I realized that it was a current happening because they didn't have texting in the 50's and those are current phone numbers.

Nice! I'll be looking forward to watching you run! :D

The Shriners are a great cause and they help a lot of people.

I was pumped when I found out this is a current and happening thing. My son live in Atlantic, Iowa and I go there to babysit my grandson just about every Sunday. My son is also pumped and I overheard him talking about it to my daughter and her boyfriend at the cookout contest we were cooking in yesterday. He was sad that all he had to drive was his daily and he didn't want to enter that. He was wishing that he could get his project car going in time but right now it does run but he has no brakes and cannot spend the money he needs to have them finished at this time. I told him that stopping is a very important thing. :)

I have high hopes that this will be such a big success that it'll become an annual event and maybe catch on at other places. I hope that I'm not just dreaming about that and it can become a reality. Small town America needs the excitement!

wraymen likes this.
  8. crashfarmer

crashfarmer
    from Iowa

I forgot to include this picture, a screenshot from Facebook today -
    dragrace2017.png

9. olskool31coupe

olskool31coupe
    from Midwest

Have you guys been keeping up with the progress of the new track in Onawa, Iowa? Progress moving along quickly now. . .check it out www.onawaracing.com

10. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

any pics from Heads Up Drag Race?