Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Headliner alternative

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by il Revrunde, Nov 23, 2009.

1. il Revrunde

il Revrunde

My wife is embarking on a bit of a project with the inside roof of my truck. She's doing a decoupage with all kinds of old hot rod and surfer pics, cut outs from magazines and stickers and pin ups from calendars and such. I know its been done before, but what I'd like to know is if it was a fad or if someone famous did it and spawned a bunch of copycat headliners. I just want to know if theres any history to it. Heres a pic of it so far. Still lots more to go.:cool:

[​IMG]

2. il Revrunde

il Revrunde

3. I'm sure that someone will post Jake's car. he did the entire outside. stand back and give her room to work

4. Is it finished yet?

5. il Revrunde

il Revrunde

nope not yet....i'm still looking for stuff to mix in there......that and the weather has been pretty wet, so the glue isn't drying right........

6. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

7. koolkemp

koolkemp

I have been thinking about this as well...what is the process for doing it, what type of glue etc, are you gonna shoot some kind of clear over it to protect it?

8. KaiserKruiser

KaiserKruiser

I think it looks good
    I used old maps from the 50s and i have almost the whole united states as the headliner in my Kaiser.

9. BLUECOLLARKUSTOMS

BLUECOLLARKUSTOMS

A good friend of mine did that to the door panels in an early '50's chevy pickup, he made the door panels out of luan plywood and had his sister photocopy pics of the three stooges in black and white, (he's a big stooges fan) and decoupage them on to the panel, it does look good and was a cheap idea, now he is looking for a headliner to do the same to......Scott

10. Rs2

Rs2

I was cruising through a carshow earlier this spring and came across an old coupe and it had the sunday comic stips (the ones in color ) glued to the door and 1/4 panels ...