Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Headlights for my 35

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Helloosination, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Helloosination

Helloosination

I'm building a 50"s 35 Ford Cabriolet. One of the mods I would like to do is a set of smaller headlights. I know most people like the 35/36 headlights and I do too but I just want to tighten things up.

When I was a kid my neighbor had a 33 Plymouth with really nice small painted headlights. Any idea what they might have been? Did guide make a small light? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my moto z3 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. In the fifties a lot of guys wanted to switch to lights with the seven inch seal beam bulb. Several brands were available and some are currently repoped.
    Deitz was one well known brand.

Phil

continentaljohn likes this.
  3. Guide 682-C series takes a sealed beam and has park lights on top.

4. BLC 682J has the same shape and a little smoother without the light on top. Arrow 775 is the same diameter; but a little less bullet shape. Couple other common Guide lights are 903J with a shorter body; shaped more like a Ford pick-up light and 904A with medium body and a small bubble on top.

Deitz and King Bee are a little smaller and I think too small for a fender car.

I'd use the 682J's if you don't need a park/turn light and the 682C if you do (and the various repop 682C lights don't look right; while the OTB Gear repop 682J lights look like the original lights).

5. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

So the blue light is a guide 903 and next to it is a 1933 1934 commercial then your 1935 passenger . Then right below the 1935 pass is a 1935 1936 1937 1938 commercial headlight and the black one next to that is a guide 682. image.jpg image.jpg

30tudor, GordonC and RICH B like this.
  6. And the '35 Ford car headlight is also used on '38-'39 Ford trucks.

7. Helloosination

Helloosination

Thanks much! I'll really like the 36 commercial but it is probably too small for my car. Probably go with the 682.

Sent from my moto z3 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

8. 35-36 commercial lights use the 35 passenger lens which is about 7.5 inches. I think they are a good choice, which is why I run them on my deuce highboy.

I like them as I was able to get the turn signals behind the lens out of sight.

Phil

continentaljohn likes this.