Register now to get rid of these ads!

headlight resto

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by harpboys4, Jul 27, 2009.

1. harpboys4

harpboys4
    from So Cal

Hello. Has any hambers restored a pair of headlights, internally that is.The headlights on my 28 packard suck.I had not driven it at night in a long time and I actually had to pull over to see if they were even on.I really like the look of the lense but someone told be that the lense is one of the biggest issues with old headlights.I was also told that chroming the inside reflector will help project more.The car is 12 volt and has the proper bulbs.Please give any info you can. Thanks:D

2. john worden

john worden
    from iowa

Re silver the reflectors.

3. Phil1934

Phil1934

4. harpboys4

harpboys4
    from So Cal

Thank you for the info,I will look into the re-silvering.

5. DO NOT CHROME the reflectors. It looks shiny but doesn't reflect enough light. Use silver of better yet aluminum (contact Uvira (541) 474-5050). Ron Francis wire works has some high intensity 12 volt bulbs that might work in your application (800) 292-1940, wire-works.com. I have a set in my '32 Ford and they work great.

Charlie Stephens

6. 343w

343w

Check out the artical in the Aug 2009 Rod & Custom, page 64. Sounds like the way to go for the restore light problem.

7. BangerMatt

BangerMatt

Wow, I just bought a pair of 32 Buick headlights(Huge Freaking Headlights) for my new speedster project and one of the reflectors is crap (silver completely gone), I was thinking of just painting or using chrome tape as a cheap fix, but this looks like it may be the easy answer.

So, anyone use anything like this?