Register now to get rid of these ads!

Headlight pic help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by msalamanca, Dec 11, 2012.

1. msalamanca

msalamanca

Does anyone know of a build or just has a pic saved with 53-54 Buick non canted headlights on a 49-51 Ford Shoebox?

I could only find 2 pics, one canted, the other a side shot.
    Non frenched preffered.

Thanks everyone

2. msalamanca

msalamanca

100 views and not one pic?
    Either its ugly, or I am on to something thats not the usual French job with the later ford headlights.

3. henryj1951

henryj1951
    from USA

4. I suspect the problem with finding photos of this particular headlight treatment on the 49-51 Fords is there were very few done,,the fenders are shaped wrong to accept the Buick lights without extensive modifications to the fenders.

Cantered lights would be much easier but in my minds eye less attractive and much less pleasing to the over all look of a custom. HRP

5. msalamanca

msalamanca

I agree with the cantered lights.
    But this sounds like a challenge, whats the worst that could happen, if I dont like it buy some new fenders. The fenders I have some extensive damage done to the light area already.
    Mostly just wanted to get a pic to see what other have done and get some ideas.

6. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

it's CANTED lights, not cantered. Canter is a type of step for a horse. CANTED means more or less "at an angle". I'm not a spelling/usage Nazi, just hate to see mistakes repeated

7. msalamanca

msalamanca

Thanks, I sent it from my phone.
    Also thanks for sharing pics ;)
    I am not a dont contribute unless you have something useful to actually whats being asked kind of a guy, but I just hate to see the same mistakes on many threads.