Register now to get rid of these ads!

Headlight Ideas?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JaysinSpaceman, Feb 6, 2007.

1. Hey There,

I'm working on a 37 chevy pickup and I am not having any luck finding replacement headlight stands for the stock headlights. The ones I have are cracked(drivers side) and completely broken(pass side). They are made of pot metal and melt at too low a temp to solder with silver solder. I am looking for ideas on how to fix the ones I have or what you would replace them with. The truck has fenders and the headlights are mounted to the radiator shell. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanx

2. rodknocker

rodknocker

check out some old firetruck lights some of those were cool

3. ..got a real nice pair of lites/stands from a 39-40 Chevy pickup I'd sell. Don't think they are much different that 37's.

4. Thanx but the stands on the 38-40 headlights are too long for the 36 radiator shell. The 36 has a short mounting area. But thank you for the offer.

5. Phil1934

Phil1934

Consider filling/patching them with fiberglass and/or Bondo and run a mounting stud all the way through.

6. rebstew187

rebstew187

you can still find em on ebay. they come on at least once a month. I've seen em anywhere from 12 bucks to 45. I bought one few months back. just have to keep checking in on it. you may want to check with ( dabirdguy ) he did have a set but not sure if he still has them or not