Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Headlight conduit

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 48stude, Jan 1, 2018.

1. 48stude

48stude

I am using 34 Ford commercial headlights. What are my options for headlight conduit ? What have you used ? I would like something inconspicuous that disappears under my radiator shell . Thanks, Bill P1020330.JPG

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. I've used gas line in the past. HRP

3. manyolcars

manyolcars

braided stainless steel undersink water line

4. Put a grommet thru the shell, run the wires in black fabric loom connected to the headlight stud (shortened) with shrink tube.

5. I have seen this done
    1. Drill a hole through the stand (will have to drill from each end a mill will help you get them to meet)
    2. Get some aircraft wiring. They are very thin and can handle the load
    3. Feed wire through stand

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  6. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

dana barlow likes this.
  7. I'm with "MANYOLCARS" on this one , I used the stainless braided water supply lines on both the headlights and tail lights on my 36 Chevy. No one knows the difference. Cheap , easy and functional. Win Win ! Mitch.

31Apickup and dana barlow like this.
  8. putz

putz
    from wisc.

Rich b ,has the answer,i have done this on my 35 hi boy for head lites and tail lites ,looks neat retro.

48stude likes this.
  9. There is a stuff called "gooseneck microphone holder" like this- on-stage-stands-msa9030-13c-13-chrome-gooseneck-microphone-holder--518.jpg
    It usually has a thread at each end. Once it is bent to shape it stays there unless you move it.
    101 uses, you might have to try a music store for it.

Max Gearhead, dana barlow and 48stude like this.
  10. 48stude

48stude

Hey Guys, Thanks for all the input. I appreciate it! You've given me plenty to think about , The gears are a turnin, Bill

dana barlow likes this.
  11. Blake 27

Blake 27

That's similar to what I used. I wanted to try to DSC03638.JPG DSC03640.JPG remain period correct.

12. 48stude

48stude

I am considering every option . I'm not that concerned about the money. I'm more concerned with the looks. I'm just looking for something that I like really well. I don't know exactly what I want, but I'll know it when I see it:rolleyes: What I am trying to avoid is buying something that doesn't work or doesn't have the right look and ends up in the swap meet pile.
    The mounting stud is 5/8 x 18. So I need something that will attach the conduit to that stud and I have six wires that need to be fished through an appropriate sized conduit. I plan to shorten the stud by an inch and half or so. I can complicate the simplest things:rolleyes: Bill

13. You don't have to run the wires out thru the mount bolt; run the wires out thru a hole in the housing, like @Blake 27 did in post 12. That is a really clean looking set-up.

48stude likes this.
  14. 48stude

48stude

Hmmmmm , This is worth considering! I'm gonna sleep on it.:) Bill

15. seabeecmc

seabeecmc
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

16. inthweedz

inthweedz

I used the flexible stainless water hose from a hand held shower head (looks exactly like the pics above in post #12).
    Got it from a plumber who was throwing it out cos internal rubber hose leaked..
    Worked and looked great..

48stude likes this.