Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Headlamp ID

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by PurdueSD, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Can anybody tell me what these are? They have 6" sealed beams. Motorcycle?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Maverick Daddy

Maverick Daddy

I'm gonna say ford 8-n Tractor.

3. They look almost like tractor lights, but probably just accessory running lights.

4. We must have typed and posted at the very same time. The gray paint looks like Ford tractor.

Maverick Daddy likes this.

5. No tag on the top?

6. Jeff and Harold. They are related to Esther
    you know Esther don't you, son of brother Dick? Lived on the hill, played ice skating and roller derby. Died last week, the whole family died. :)

yep look like tractor lights to me but it wouldn't keep them from working on an old car.

7. That went over my head...?

Ya no tags. Thanks fellas. They've got a good shape but I'm scared of finding 6"bulbs with high and low beams.

8. find em and stock up. :)

9. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

Arrow ... K-D ... Auto Lamp ... DoRay ... or any one of dozens of aftermarket suppliers before or after WWII. Many didn't stamp anything on the bucket.
    Note the lack of aiming lugs on bulbs - this automatically makes the sealed beams pre-'55.

10. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

Ryan!...beano's been eatin those funny mushrooms again!

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  11. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

I don't think they are Ford tractor lamps. The tractor lights mount to the side of the radiator cowling.....these lamps are oriented to the mounting bolt at the bottom. Tractor lights would have the bulb rotated 90*. Further, I don't recall our old 8N having high and low beams.

If they are Ford tractor lamp buckets, perhaps they were 'repurposed' and modified for that use.

Ray