Register now to get rid of these ads!

Headers, too many choices

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 26TCoupe, May 9, 2007.

1. 26TCoupe

26TCoupe

Somebody please help me pick a set of headers for my car, I can't decide!
    [​IMG]
    I have new wheels and tires being shipped as we speak, 820-15 Firestone cheater slicks w/whitewalls and 560-15 firestones w/whitewalls in front, they'll be riding on OE style chromed steel wheels. The top will be getting about a 6 inch shave as well. The sprint style headers seem so boring to me, I was thinking of some kind of zoomies, I saw this set that I liked on ebay, or maybe something similar to Sanderson's zoomies, any suggestions?
    [​IMG]

2. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Those are neat looking but won't flow worth a shit. If you don't mind sacrificing a few horse for looking cool, those would do just fine.

There is alot of science in building headers for performance. Tube length, diameter, configuration, collector style, yada, yada..

Headers that look cool is a WHOLE lot easier.

Good luck, -Abone.

PS. Here is a shot of the headers I built for the model A. More function than looks.
    [​IMG]

3. 26TCoupe

26TCoupe

Yeah, I know that argument has been debated here many times, I have always been more for function than looks, but on the other hand this is a very light car and the little HP I would loose wouldn't be that big of a deal. Mostly I want something that fits well with the proportions and lines of the car.

4. jangleguy

jangleguy

In my opinion, those are some beautiful headers, Mr. Bone. I split the difference (looks/go) on mine (I had some packaging issues, too) - I guess that's why yours look better to me...