Register now to get rid of these ads!

Header Problem for my 55 Ford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Retro Jim, Dec 25, 2008.

1. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

I need some help in finding a place that sells header flanges for a Ford 289/302 . I want to make headers up for my 55 Ford . If anyone knows where I can get them or if any members of the HAMB makes them please let me know . Even a good used pair cut off bad headers will work ! Please just PM me here or at home .

2. Docco

Docco
    from Ippy

Were abouts are you? JEGS sells the flanges for around $40.00 but your local exhaust shop should be able to help you out easy.

3. QMOTOX

QMOTOX
    from STL, MO

4. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

Since I'm a tight wad, I look for cheap rough headers to harvest the flanges from. You don't have to fabricate the square starter tubes either. I just hacksaw the tubes off an inch from the flange and start fabricating. They will get bead blasted and coated after they are done anyway. With all the 5.0 stuff out there it should not be hard to find a cheap donor set. Even the stock 5.0 manifolds can supply the flanges that you need but I'd replace all of the tubes on them. They are pretty restrictive on the stockers.

5. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

You might want to look at the shorty headers for the 80s and 90s f series trucks,the exhaust dumps at the third cylinder on each side and I might see if they will fit my 55 with a 351-w. I have a set on my 65 custom 500 (302) and if I can find another set cheap I wil see if they will fit. Jeff

6. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

ditto on Jeff's idea. Fabbing headers is a pain in the ass, if you can buy them already done you're light years ahead time and money wise. A set of shorty 5.0 mustang headers may fit too.

7. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

Thanks for all your help ! I did score a nice pair of shorty headers from a 5.0 Mustang for $20 . :D I will blast and paint or powder coat . Thanks again ! Jim