Register now to get rid of these ads!

Head on crash @ 30 mph, I'm still here to tell you

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 50dodge4x4, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Sounds like a good 'ending' to an unfortunate story. Glad the insurance company seems to be doing the right thing and treating you fairly.

Malcolm

2. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

You're ok, and you got another truck,
    count your blessings

3. old soul

old soul
    from oswego NY

Good thing you were ok. Sorry for your truck man. Its always hard when some one else wrecks your ride.

4. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Gene, glad you're OK. I missed this thread first time around.
    esurance is an Allstate company, if I recall. Don't sign off on the medical, you may have issues related to the crash come up later. They'll still pay the bills, don't let them off the hook.

Speaking of Allstate, that's who I have on my '50. They take a certified appraisal as stated value. I have a regular old policy, drive anywhere, anytime for any reason - fully covered. Just every couple years I get another certified appraisal.

Again, I'm glad you were basically unhurt in this mess.

5. 48 Chubby

48 Chubby
    Member Emeritus

Do not listen to those who are going to tell you all about how much money you left on the table. There will be a good number of these folks too. If you feel that you were treated fairly, then it is time to move on with a clear conscience.

Get well soon.

6. violet springs

violet springs

Glad to hear that you are allright, hopefully you can rebuild or get another truck.

7. The37Kid

The37Kid

Just found this thread, glad you walked away from the deal with your health and replacement funds for the truck. Bob

8. Glad it worked out ok for you.

9. Kentuckian

Kentuckian

Glad everything worked out for you. Luckily the other driver had good insurance.

Now it is time for everybody to rethink several things. First of all...3 point seat belts for your ride AND actually using them. Next would be looking into possibly redoing your insurance coverage on your ride. You might be pleasantly surprised by shopping specialty insurance company prices.

The incident that happened to our fellow HAMBer Gene could happen to anyone of us.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2011
  10. Fly'n Kolors

Fly'n Kolors

Amen. Could happen and did happen. Last Tuesday PM a man turned left head on at me and I locked the brakes and steered to the right. My speed was 35 and his was only about 20 or it could have been worse. I was wearing my bomber seatbelt and still hit my head where the A pillar,windshield,and door all meet, 3 good sized knots on my head and rang my bell good.

11. Fly'n Kolors

Fly'n Kolors

Pics

Attached Files:

12. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

Fly'n Kolorz, Man I'm sorry to see that. I pray you come out as well as I did, or better. Take car of yourself, my neck didn't start hurting until a couple weeks after my crash. Don't settle the medical part too fast.

As far as the insurance coverage on my truck is concerned, I changed companies a little over a year ago, but neither the new company or the old company would cover my truck for collision because I was using it as daily transportation. If I would have had another licensed car I could drive (besides the one my wife drove) they would have been happy to cover it with a stated value, but the truck was all I had. I have had stated value coverage with my old company before and the new company also offers it as well, if I have a third vehicle I can drive.

One thing I am reviewing is the limits of my policy, I think I'm going to bump them up a lot.
    The less then 1 mile trip in the ambulance was over $300 and all they did was check my blood pressure and pulse, and ask questions. At the hospital, the did an MRI of my neck, x-rays of my hand, and stitched up my head, I can't imagine that bill. Then there is the follow up that is coming next week, plus the lost time, and other things that will come from her auto insurance medical coverage. I'm thinking if the tables were reversed, I might be paying out of my pocket to cover some other persons bills. I'm wondering if I'm going to reach the limit on her policy and wonder what will happen then.

Until this happened to me, I never gave this stuff much thought. I mostly complained about how much the car insurance costs. These days, I'm looking at things a little different. Gene