Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Head lights

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Model A Mark, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Model A Mark

Model A Mark
    from dallas
    1. Holley 94 Group

Hey guys, I picked these lights up at the Roundup and am not sure how to wire them,
    They only have 2 wires coming out of the socket, and the bulb its self has the line up prongs side by side, insteed of one being high and the other low.
    The bulb looks like a license plats light bulb, it can go in the socket eather way, I dont see how the high and low lights will work if the bulb will go eather way.
    Any ideas ?
    Thanks as always ....
    o yea, the bulb is a 1125R

Attached Files:

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. grounds through the outer base. looks like a dual filament but usually the filaments are two different sizes/thickness. get a battery, a couple wires and see if one is brighter. i wonder if one lit is low, both is high?

55styleliner likes this.
  3. Check the resistance of each filament; the one reading lower will be high beam. Don't operate both filaments at the same time, that will seriously shorten bulb life.

4. Model A Mark

Model A Mark
    from dallas
    1. Holley 94 Group

well shit, I checked them with a battery, I cant really tell a difference. They both seam about the same, and both together dont seam to make any difference either,
    The bulbs will go in either way, and I turned them both, both ways, no difference either..
    So I just wired them to the high and low cercets and run em, lol ...
    Thanks for the replies guys,
    I dont know what the hell kind of lights these are ...

5. are the socket slots for the pins even also? i would try another type [non chinese] bulb, i am guessing that it is just another piece of reproduction junk.
    install another socket in those reflectors.

6. mike bowling

mike bowling

If you have any problems, NAPA has a ton of replacement bulb sockets available. I just re-did some '58 Chevy tail lights that were pretty toasty so I could run 1157 bulbs- around $10 bucks and some time and done.

7. Model A Mark

Model A Mark
    from dallas
    1. Holley 94 Group

yes tb33anda3rd the socket slots are even,
    I plan on changing the socket and bulbs out to something better.

tb33anda3rd likes this.