Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods head lights convertion kit

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tom Ayotte, May 15, 2017.

1. Tom Ayotte

Tom Ayotte

I have a pair of really nice 1930 head light buckets. I will be useing them on my 1934 ford truck build. What would be my best choice to have them upgraded to a todays standards of lighting.And for the cost of a kit .Or better off buying a whole new set .trying to keep old school as much as I can.

2. NielsK

NielsK
    from Denmark

If your reflectors are ok. I would just use 12V bulbs and adjust the sockets so the light pattern are correct

Sent from my SM-G930F using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. Bob Drake has a excellent new redesigned style reflector and halogen bulb that is far brighter than anything we have used in the past and if you are familiar with the original style lights you will notice there are no dark spaces ouit in front of you at night. HRP

4. Fordors

Fordors

OP mentions having '30 headlamps, Bob Drake halogen conversions start with the 1932 model year, but I don't know, is there a source for a Model A headlamp kit?

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. 31Apickup

31Apickup
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I got mine years ago thru CW Moss. I looked on their website and its $84.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

6. I think you need to go to:
    Bratton's for reflectors, (301) 829-9880
    Ron Francis for bulbs (Brite bulbs), https://www.ronfrancis.com, (800) 292-1940
    A&L parts for sockets, (860) 693-0112

Charlie Stephens

7. fordflambe

fordflambe

If you want sealed beams, check out this site.........they are making and selling adapters for many makes and years and have adapters for lots of years of early Fords...............

https://www.headwinds.com/