Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hayden Proffit Needs Sticker's

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODRUBBER, Jan 18, 2009.

1. HOTRODRUBBER

HOTRODRUBBER

Howdy Folks!

Hayden Proffit is currently replicating 1962 Chevy Impala that won 1962 Winternationals. The car will be ran in exibition throughout the nation this summer , this fall it will be sold at auction. We supplied the correct 14" Pie Crust "Casler" tires for the car . Need some help finding the correct decals for the Casler tires.

Sticker would say "Bite by Casler"

Any help with locating image would be greatly appreciated

Cody Adams
    Hurst Racing Tires / Adams Hot Rod Rubber

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 18, 2009
  2. eaglebeak

eaglebeak

"Bight"????

How about "BITE"?

3. pastlane

pastlane

Doesn't say "Bite" but I have 608 of these. Screen printed, 3 colors on clear. Inks are rated for 8 year direct UV contact. Size is 4.5" x 2.75"

No computer generated ink jet crap.

Attached Files:

4. Is he bringing it to the York US 30 nostalgia nationals drags??
    -Dean

5. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

what ink you use on stickers, and what mesh

6. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

That car is being built by a buddy of mine around the corner from my office. They are trying to get it done before Hayden is inducted into the drag racing hall of fame.

The body was getting ready for paint last week.

I have been lobbying for them to come to Joplin in August.

7. pastlane

pastlane

These were done with Naz-Dar ink printed through a mono/poly 280 mesh

8. Well that would pretty much rule!

9. I agree! I'd love to meet the man!

10. I'd love to race against him!....not with any intent on actually winning but just to say I did :D
    -Dean

11. WOW, did you say Hayden Proffit! That going to be cool.

12. HOTRODRUBBER

HOTRODRUBBER

The original car was stolen the day after the 1962 Winter National's , "never to be seen again".

I had the pleasure to meet Hayden at the 2007 CHRR.
    Man has many tails to tell. True pioneer. Feel sorry for anyone who had to tech any of his race cars. Being a true racer he knew how to read between the lines.

13. I met Hayden @ York a few years back. What a great guy.

14. moses

moses

is it gonna have aluminum front end and acid dipped doors?????? jeffrey

15. Hot Rod Michelle

Hot Rod Michelle

Yea, lets see what it looked like.:)

16. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

More a tribute car than a replica. Body is steel but Hayden has shared some of the trick brackets they used to strengthen the suspension on the car. It will be a strong runner, Built 409. I'll see if it is OK to snap a couple pics once it starts coming together.

Hayden is very involved in the build so authenticity will be there.

Harold and his guys do top notch work so it should be a fitting tribute to the lost bubbletop and it's owner/driver.

18. I mat him there too...awesome guy, was telling stories about hitting a guy in the face with a birthday cake.....

19. stan292

stan292

Hayden Proffit. One of my heros for sure.

In '68/'69, I was lucky enough (having been raised in Nebraska) to be working in a Garden Grove, California speed shop when in walks a gentleman I quickly recognized as Hayden Proffit. This, however, was only because I had seen his picture in dozens of times as I followed the SoCal drag racing scene through the pages of the monthly drag racing magazines that came in the mail.

Before I could decide how to react, he stepped up to the sales counter and began to explain that he was looking for an aftermarket carb for certain street-driven car. Then - to my absolute amazment - he asks what one I would advise!

I'm thinking, here's one of the greatest engine guys in drag racing - and he's asking me to recommend a carburetor! After I got a grip, I mentioned a rather popular Holley available at the time. We spoke about it for a few minutes, and talked about a few other possibilities.

Finally, I couldn't hold it in any longer and told him I was blown over that someone of his stature would take the time to listen to me. His reply was something like "I know you deal with this same situation every day (guys needing to upgrade to a performance carburetor). Who would be a more obvious source for meaningful information?"

I don't recall if he bought one or not, but I'll always recall what a real gentleman he was. He quite obviously knew more about the subject (and many more things) then I'll ever even begin to grasp. Still, he had the class to give a 26-year old hayseed - and his opinions - the same degree of respect Hayden himself deserved.

Just a small "brush with greatness", but one that will always stay with me.

P.S. That topless Corvair funny car he ran was one bad hot rod!

20. HOTRODRUBBER

HOTRODRUBBER

I wonder if someone is confused with this image/decal?

Cody

Attached Files:

21. novadude

novadude

Just a few question for anyone running cody's beautiful Casler tires.

Are those things deadly in the rain? Have the balance problems that have been discussed here on the HAMB been resolved? What kind of street life can one expect to get out of Hurst recaps, keeping the smokey burnouts to a minimum?

Thanks!

22. I have a question also regarding the Hurst recaps. Does Hurst buff the sidewall writing off of the modern tires that the recaps go on? Thanks

23. I'm running some 7" wide 14" Hurst cheaters I got a few years back and there great. I was previously running an original set of Caslers, but for fear of ruining a nice set of rare slicks I figured I should get something new. I dont drive in the rain but I have total confidence abusing them with my big block Ford :D
    -Dean

24. HOTRODRUBBER

HOTRODRUBBER

We can remove all lettering from original casing. On our basic blackwall tire , lettering has been removed on "A" side only , "B" side still retains lettering. Request the "Double Buff" and all lettering will be removed. Double Buff ads $30.00 to base price of tire.

25. I ran the same set on my 54 Chevy and the T in rain and for quite a fe3w miles. They hold up great. Wet roads require common sense but never got weird on me.

26. texasred

texasred
    from Houston

I would have thought he was inducted years ago..what the hell..who votes on this and why did it take so long

27. HOTRODRUBBER

HOTRODRUBBER

I believe he is already in the N.H.R.A. Hall of fame already but this one is the Museum of Drag Racing in Ocala.

Correct me if i'm wrong? or completely full of shit:D

28. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

I checked today and it is the Motor Sports Hall of Fame in Gainsville FL.. I believe May 7th is the date.