Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Havlir House of Fab customer service

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 46Chief, Aug 21, 2015.

1. 46Chief

46Chief

Exceptional Customer Service..... A little goes a long way and David Havlir went above and beyond. I wanted to share something extraordinary that happened to me.

I've been building a 1930 AV8 coupe for a few years. I ordered a set of Havlir's House of Fab headers. I asked Dave before I bought them if there was a problem with how they fit, would he take them back if I paid the postage? He said sure, no problem. I received them and looking them over noticed how well made they were and how nice the welds were. But they didn't fit great, close but no cigar. It wasn't Dave's design that was the problem, it was the un-split wishbone that I wanted to use. Had I been running split bones, the fit would have been perfect. I figured by cutting the end of the header and welding a slight curved piece of pipe, my problem would be solved so I decided to keep them.

As luck would have it, Dave was coming out for the LARS show and I invited him to stop by and take a look at my build. Dave came by, saw the problem and took the headers back to his shop. About 3 weeks later a new set of headers show up and they fit perfect. I hope anyone reading this will support the craftsman/artist/fabricator/ designer doing business as Havlier House of Fabrication. My next car will be built on one of his super secret Model A frames holding a Cadillac motor.. But until then take a look at the before and after shots and talk to Dave about your AV8 project, he makes some great parts and is a hell of a nice guy.

Attached Files: