Register now to get rid of these ads!

Having the flu sucks !!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by haychrishay, Jan 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. haychrishay

haychrishay

Well...the Forty finally arrived Weds eve, along with a case of the respitory flu! I haven't had the energy to even back it out a get a good picture of it so I can change my avatar . I have some work I would like to be doing as well, but there is always next week !

Attached Files:

2. Get your sorry arse outta bed and go for a ride,,it will make you feel better,,and take a few photos for us! :D HRP

3. Beau

Beau

It spread from Mankato! Hahahaha

4. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

This flu season is particularly bad. On the news today they said it looks like it will last way into the Springtime. I am feeling a little sneezy and sore throat today, hope it is just a one day deal.

Don

5. matthew mcglothin

matthew mcglothin

Yep had it last week... Layed in bed for 2 days. Just itchin to go in my shop and play. Cabin fever sets in pretty quick for me.

6. BRENT

BRENT

4 days in bed for me, didn't eat a single thing. Sweets, Chills, a cough so hard you see stars....good times for sure. I swear if I was old I would have just rolled over and die! no kidding, it was brutal! Now I got a sinus infection with these Cold weather to warm weather pressure change.

Hope you get better,

Brent

7. Beau

Beau

That's what the news wants us to think. This is just an economy booster after the Holidays.

I never take pills or get shots and I have not had the flu in 16 years. :D

8. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

I think I hate you....

9. haychrishay

haychrishay

The battery is dead and my charger decided to die too, or I would

10. I'm gonna go take a flu shot now,,preventive mind you!

It works for the common cold also.:D HRP

[​IMG]

11. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I wish I could just get it and get over with it! Judy had it all last week, 'bout 4 days worth, but I just keep feeling like I'm "getting it"... Not bad enough to stop, not good enough to be productive.

12. haychrishay

haychrishay

Trust me when you get it you'll know this kicks s**t out of you for about two days, and like the other guy said you cough so hard you see stars. my chest feels like it was somebodies punching bag. And Primer I did just go try it again........no go

13. You may possibly need several boosters,,possibly multiple bottles,,if it doesn't make you feel better you might not care!:D

All, in Jest,,I had it bad last year and remember seeing stars and feeling like my head was going to explode,,I hope you get to feeling better soon. HRP

14. i had it right before the holidays, for two days i could not concentrate, tried to talk on the phone and could not figure out what i was being asked.

15. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I had something that kicked my ass for over two weeks,I went to work but could not do anything in the garage and I am still not 100 percent. Go to the doctor and dont be like me who tried to treat myself and all it ended up doing was make it last longer.

16. haychrishay

haychrishay

That's funny!!so uncovered the wife's camaro and lit the tires a couple......three or five,six times and you're right I do feel better !

17. If you can post on here you haven't got flu - take some theraflu and half a bottle of Scotch and get back in the workshop

I had Noro virus last week. Had an arsehole like a cherry and nearly puked my ringpiece but still managed to do some useful grinding on my model A spring.

18. This a great description of it, I've had it almost a week now and the first couple days really sucked. Lots to do with home and garage projects but getting no where fast. It's taken two days to do 1/2 of a laminate floor so far for the little mama......it sucks !

19. suedestude

suedestude

It kicked my ass for a week. cant go for a ride here in Iowa.Wish I could, it does fix ya

20. Well congrats on the car and don't expect any simpathy for the flue there are lots of things in life that sucks that you can't get over, you can get over the flu.

But congrats on the car.

21. Joatha

Joatha

I am just now feeling like myself again and am still a bit tired. Had the chest version of this thing. My chest was so thick with crap I could feel it rattle when I breathed even slightly deep. I picked it up New Year's Eve and was coughing and draining so much I actually strained some muscles in my chest (talk about pain when you cough!!!). I also couldn't sleep at night except sitting upright (or I would go in to an endless coughing fit). After 10-11 days of this shit, I FINALLY got more than 3-4 hours of sleep on Fri night - when I ended up sleeping for 12. Then, last night I slept for 9 hours and today I feel almost back to normal for the first time since New Year's Eve.

Prior to this flu, I had not had it in probably 7-8 years and when I have had it in the past, it only lasted a day or 2 and then the residuals would go after another 3-4. This one has been the biggest ass-kicking I've ever had in my life. Wife has also been down with it and she's been dealing with it for about 4 weeks. For me, it was "only" 2 weeks.

22. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

Just remember, it could be worse, I could have the flu!;)

23. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Sitting here at my keyboard makes me glad you can't catch the flu from reading a thread on it :)

24. it's hard reading everything is fuzzy half of the people ii know are sick some with this head sinus, throat thing the others have gastro/nausea strain. it sucks big time.

25. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

I think I hate you too..!

26. Jeff J

Jeff J

Had the same crap . The wife and I been passing it back and forth Started right after X-mas and finally the last couple days the crud is leaving !!!!

27. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Been lots of years since I had the flu, but that doesn't mean I won't come down with it tomorrow.
    However, @ 75,I take no chances, I get the flu shot every year, and I take lots of vitamins too, especially vit.C. Get a lot of dirt on my hands, so they get washed often anyway.
    Many restaurants now have a bottle of pump hand disinfectant handy, and when it's there, I use it
    Couple years ago when a new strain of flu came out that wasn't covered with the current flu shot, I began to decline handshakes, common here in the South, with an explanation, of course. Now that the flu strain is covered by the current vaccine, I'm back to "gladhanding" along with everybody else.

28. haychrishay

haychrishay

Thanks porknbeaner ! you're right this is a minor in convenience ! but I'm not much of a sit around and do nothing person.....drives me crazy.......it;s a short drive though !

29. Deuces

Deuces

A big bowl of "hot" chicken soup with plenty of hot sauce, an asperinie and a glass of orange juice then go sleep it off!... Call me in the morning and let me know how ya's feel!...;)

30. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

I got the flu shot. My girl drags e to the Dr. every sept/oct. I have asthma so the flu would probably kill me. No one gets out alive I guess...

Hey, FYI. Throw your pillows in the dryer on High Heat for at Least 30 in, everyday while sick, and once a week during flu or alergy season. Not to be a Mom here, but it really helps, kills viruses, and anything else...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.