Register now to get rid of these ads!

Have you seen me in Alabama

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by outlawsteel, Nov 25, 2009.

1. outlawsteel

outlawsteel

Hello fellow hambers, I'm hoping the power of the hamb can help me find my dads old 55. The car was powered by a 327 with a tr1x tunnel ram with i believe two 450 holleys (could be wrong on that as i cant remember what he told me). Accel dizzy and side mount coil, doug thorley headers, and when sold, topped off with a bug catcher scoop and a 4 speed. It had a lift off fiberglass front end with the original grille, headlights all cut out. It had a plug on firewall to unplug the lights when removing front end. Had a gutted interior with just a seat and a roll bar. The car was painted dark brown with a lighter brown (almost copper) colered flames. The A-arms, firewall were painted the color of the flames. It also had the name WARRIOR painted on the deck lid lower right corner in the color of the flames. The car was sold in 88' or early 89' to a guy in Cullman Alabama that ran a automotive shop. He cant remember the guys name or the name of the business. He has the guys name on a bill of sale but cant find that either lol. I'm hoping with all the members on the hamb someone will remember seeing it somewhere. Of all the cars my dad has had this one was his baby. So I am trying to get him the best present anyone can give him. Thanks for looking and sorry about the pics as the originals got lost and the only ones I have are a big poster i had made for him.

Attached Files:

2. outlawsteel

outlawsteel

Also would someone please resize the pics for me, so its a little easier to see. If you dont want to do it send me a pm on how to make them big please.

3. onedge

onedge

4. k9racer

k9racer

I think this is the one{minus front fender assy No engine or trans} that was at a upholstery shop in the west point area of cullman. Had a wrecked low minage red and white 2 dr post 55 parked next to it.I was told not for sale..

Last edited: Nov 26, 2009

5. outlawsteel

outlawsteel

Thanks k9 do you know what upholestery shop

6. outlawsteel

outlawsteel

I have some more info for you guys. The name of the guy he sold it to was Rick. He ran Ricks Obselete Parts in Cullman Alabama.

7. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

8. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

9. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

10. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Well heck,I just noticed on the map,your only 20 minutes away from cullman........why dont you go down there and ask around?

11. dlshady

dlshady

I hate to be a pessimist but don't waste your time..... Bruce isn't going to know squat about the car. He and my Dad have been buddies since the early sixties and his place is less than a mile from me, but he only fools with obsolete Ford parts and nothing else. I do remember Rick though, and I might be able to track him down of he's still around. I used to see him at the Noccalula Falls show back in the eighties pretty regularly but he sold his parts business a long time ago and I haven't seen him around since. Let me see what I can do.....

Deron

12. outlawsteel

outlawsteel

I already have, that was one of the first things i did. The guy sold out or went out of business a long time ago. Nobody knew were or who he was. So i was hoping someone on the hamb has seen it (in someones garage hopefully and not in a field), so i can try to get it back for him.

13. outlawsteel

outlawsteel

Man that would be great or even a last name.

14. dlshady

dlshady

Outlaw,

I asked my Dad today and he said that he was pretty sure Rick's last name was Fulmer or something very similar. We built a 55 back in the mid-eighties and did a lot of business with him during that period of time, but that was quite a while ago now. I do remember him selling out and he had a no-compete clause for several years, but for some reason I want to say that he eventually ended up back in the parts business in some capacity. My memory is pretty fuzzy on that though, so take it with a grain of salt. I've got a good buddy that is a Cullman cop and I'll call him over the weekend and see what he can find out. I'd call him tonight but he went to Auburn to watch some football game..... :rolleyes:

Don't give up just yet!
    Deron

15. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

16. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

17. outlawsteel

outlawsteel

Thanks guys for the help. I will call that number in the morning and see if that is him. This seemed like it went really quick. I have been trying to track it down for awhile now, but everywhere i go i come to a dead end. It would have helped if my dad could have remembered his last name.This site always amazes me. Once again thank you guys. I'm hoping for the best.

18. k9racer

k9racer

2 names I recall Burl, ,Hurll or earl.. sorry I dont rember more it was almost 20 or so years ago..The place was about a block or 2 away from the steak house.. Next week I have to go to Birmingham and will check with my sources in cullman and walkers corner..

19. outlawsteel

outlawsteel

Well guys a little progress. I talked to Rick today, he told me he sold the car and gave me the name of the guy he sold it to. He said he dont think the guy still has it as he hasn't seen it in many years. Tried to call the other guy and left a message, still hoping for a good turn out. Thanks for the help guys

20. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Keep us posted, maybe someone will know the next guy down the line etc.

21. outlawsteel

outlawsteel

Well the name of the guy Rick sold it to is Jerry Mcreath. I tried calling no answer left message. Maybe the guy he sold it to still has it, I'm hoping it still is in good shape.

22. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

At least you are on track.
    ask what year they sold it as you go,hopefully you dont hit a dead end.

23. outlawsteel

outlawsteel

Ok so here is a little more progress Jerry Mcreath sold 55 to a Randy Pearson. He dont remember what year he sold it to him. I looked up Randy Pearson on addresses.com and came up with one in Vinemont, Al. I called no answer, so I dont know if thats the right guy yet. Jerry told me he lives in West Point so the 55 that K9 said earlier might be it. Randy has a cousin named Darrin pearson. If any of these names ring a bell please let me know. And once again thanks for your help, as i would'nt have got this far without your help.

24. dlshady

dlshady

Hmmmm,

My buddy that's a Cullman cop actually lives in Vinemont, so I'll do a little homework today and see what I can find. Don't give up!

Deron

25. k9racer

k9racer

I dont think this guy had it but he would know. He lives in the cullman area works for coke company and trades in 55 56 57 cars and parts. His name is Larry Swindal or somthing close.. He still owes me a set of wheels and some other parts from a mercury I sold him.

26. thatredcaroutside

thatredcaroutside
    from Decatur,AL

The number one guy in Cullman I knew, that would know passed away last year. We miss you Dan Morgan.
    I'll ask around.

27. dlshady

dlshady

I talked to my buddy today who is a Cullman cop and he said that he'd been in touch with a member of the Pearson family this morning. According to the person he spoke with, Mr. Pearson has passed away and one of his daughters ended up with the car. He wasn't sure if she still had it but was going to look into it further. He also said that if you could find the VIN number on any old paperwork he'd be glad to run it for you and see if its still in the state.

I'll let you know if I learn more.
    Deron

28. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

How does tracing a vin# work in alabama,I didnt think older cars had titles down there.

29. dlshady

dlshady

True, a car this old would not be titled here but the registrations also have the VIN numbers on them. If the car is still licensed in the state any law enforcement officer should be able to find out to whom its registered. Or at least that's what I gathered from my discussion this morning, because my buddy said that he could do a whole lot more if he had the VIN number.

Deron

30. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Well did you find it? are you workin on a deal yet?