Register now to get rid of these ads!

Have you noticed the number of high quality 1932 Ford cars and parts for sale?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sandbarfarm31, Dec 18, 2010.

1. At first I thought that this had to be due to the economy...or the fact that more repro stuff is coming on the market...but after reading the responses here I am very grateful for all the ideas about this...... I think 32 Ford spells HOT ROD...but most are out of my price range (due of course to supply and demand) I have to say I am in the same place as Mt Shasta Steve......I am too tall and just don't fit in one anymore !!!!!!

2. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I wrestled with selling my 5w as I have enough to build a whole car. I was thinking that I could pay of my son's medical bills with that money but when it comes down to it, i'd be in the hole in the long run if I ever wanted to buy another down the road. On average it has only gotten more and more expensive to build or own one so my plan is to sit tight and bust my ass to pay off my medical bills while the 32 sits on the back burner. I can't afford a 25k body so my rough 5k body is reLly my only entry into one. I'll sell it if my family starts suffering. Until then, it's staying put.

3. woodienut

woodienut
    from So.Cal.

I'm equally "Seasoned" and I've come to the conclusion, well, 2 conclusions.

1) How many cars does one guy need.
    2) and drive the piss out of what you've got while you still can.

As for prices, they change, I'm too old to wait for that super great deal. My son on the other hand can wait for that amazing barn find dirt cheap. Different guy's different markets, same with sellers.
    The '32 Ford's not going anywhere, like the other guy said, it's been around and "the" HOTROD for 78 years!

Thanks for thinning out your stash, a bunch of Hot Rodders will be happy to make a good home for your treasures.

4. RAY With

RAY With

I know the economy has a lot to do with a lot of sales in today's times but there is also a lot of us getting to an age where we cant keep up with all the maintaince that needs to be done on small collections of cars and are down sizing. That along with the additional expenses and most of all our time. I want to just drive my cars now and do minimal work and have the fun without all the headache. With fewer cars that's a very possible goal and many of us were in a position to get rid of a lot of extra parts and cars. When your not pressed to sell you can get a fair price just about any time and there are plenty out there with the bucks to buy your cars and parts.

5. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

The question WAS "have you noticed the number of high quality parts and cars for sale? YUP! But actually not a lot more than normal. There has always been a fair supply of original '32 parts and cars AVAILABLE to buy..........just not many buyers willing to part with the money it takes (a step up to the plate kind of thing) to acquire one. I know many guys who lusted after a Deuce only to ratchet down to a more affordable choice when nothing in their price range came up for sale. Model A's, '39-'40's, and even those "almost as rare and expensive '33-'34's" took the place of the "DEUCE DREAM". Not a thing wrong with that. Just like Tiger Woods dad said when relating how he brought up Tiger, "You have to prioritize all of the choices and then follow through on the ones that will get you to the goal". Sounds pretty simple when you say it............a lot tougher to make it a reality. If you want one bad enough there is ALWAYS a way, but not many willing to make the sacrifice when "push comes to shove".

Frank

6. McFly

McFly

I'm patiently waiting my turn for a shot at a 5w. Hopefully real soon.

7. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

They guys with the 32 stuff finally figured out(GEEZ,AFTER HOW MANY YRS DID IT TAKE THEM??) how much better looking 33/34 ford stuff is and got tired of following the sheeple!:D:D:D:D

Last edited: Dec 30, 2010
  8. chevyfordman

chevyfordman

There are some really beautiful 32's out there for sale but I noticed that no one wants to take in a trade-in plus cash, even when the seller is getting the big end of the stick. My dream is to own a 3 or 5 window coupe someday but I need to trade one car and cash for my dream. I want an original car though and that's what makes the trade very hard. Maybe one day I'll run into the guy who has to many 32's and will take my trade in and money.

9. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

You have obviously been sleeping under a rock or you forgot the smileys in your post. I'm betting there isn't one in a thousand '32 owners selling anything because of the pursuit of a '33-'34. Now............if you had argued in the other direction you'd have a case. Over the last 40+ years I've personally known at least 5 guys that have parted with their '33-'34 cars and parts to acquire a Deuce. In your defense I'll state that if I were to have started my hot rod habit say 20 years ago I would have pursued a '33-'34 just for the reason that they have a little more room inside and IMO are just as desirable from a looks standpoint. However, once you've caught "deuce fever" you rarely find (or care to find) a cure.:)
    To address your parting statement, some of the finest sheeple I know have at least one deuce (and/or) a nice pile of Deuce parts stashed away.:cool::D

Frank

10. moefuzz

moefuzz

Bingo

11. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

Because the bubble has burst on the 32 Ford market, the depression has caused a few to dump their stuff knocking down prices and it's causing a sell situation among the parts investors, lot of guys collect and play old parts like a stock, some one pushed the sell button, lets see how far down it will go, get some good deals, comp a 31, it could go that low.

12. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

I really dont know what the answer is any more. I have had my 5-W on the market for months, I am not fishing with a reasonable price of $39.K for a steel turn key car. Shit I will even take a trade. I have had a couple of offers that were very low or they wanted big bucks for their trade. I do know that 2 or 3 years ago my car would have been sold in a heart beat. So I guess we can just chalk it up to the economy. :mad::mad:

13. 32' fords are great cars but right now buying real estate makes much more sense even with the lousy economy, just ask the guy who has been collecting 32' parts for years hoping to retire selling them it will be his kids selling them off after he's gone.

14. :rolleyes:

15. moefuzz

moefuzz

(jmho)

I was offered $xxxx and a 95 caprice classic for a 'Henry Ford" steel car.

But some people have more than their fair share of cars, parts, projects and/or field cars and therefor don't want or need "$xxxxx + a 95 caprice "classic"" or a VW or another off brand non desirable car hogging up valuable space.

Sometimes people just want/need to clear up a spot in the heated shop in order to move the next project along which might also allow them to clear a spot in the barn which also might mean that they can migrate one of the field cars to that freed up spot and get something else under a dry roof.

Not unlike myself, Some here need "that spot" in their shop and no amount of 95 crapice classics is gonna make that happen.

As for people offering $xxxx and a non popular/non collectible cars for mine or anyone's Henry Ford Steel.
    I would humbly suggest to stop bringing knives to a gunfight and maybe they can expect to stop getting shot down.

An untouched original real steel car and a caprice classic are not from and were officially never in the same universe even as far as trades go.
    -But show up with a 36 or a 40 Ford in comparable condition and things start to get entertaining..

-----------

As far as more 'this or that' being put up for sale in the classifieds,

-There's no denying that the HAMB Classifieds is pretty well the world leader in garnering attention if you are looking for or have Henry Steel or any steel for sale.

For some time now the HAMB (with or without the classifieds) has been garnering far more traffic than magazines like Hemmings, SR, R&C etc.

Any self respecting car guy will tell you that if you want to sell some of your un-needed stuff then place your ads where the most eyes are going to see them and that just so happens to be the free classifieds here.

---------------

-Some here may think that there is an increasing "number of high quality 1932 Ford cars and parts for sale"
    and I wouldn't disagree with them because but only because many eyes are on the HAMB (for many reasons) and the classifieds here are free unlike those of the magazines and print media.

All just my humble opinion of course

Last edited: Dec 24, 2010
  16. scarylarry

scarylarry

Now if a 32 roadster left side door would just show up in the giant pile of 32 classifieds I could replace my crappy one!

17. My 2 cents. Been buying and selling old cars and parts as a hobby for 40+ years. Got into old Fords and Ford hot rods about 10 years ago. Drive a 31 and 1/2 Ford coupe! (has a 32 frame!). been buying and selling Flathead stuff but just lately scored a pile of 32 Ford parts for the first time.
    This stuff sold out in less than 3 months using the Hamb and the Barn. I know I didn't want or get top dollar but in my opinion the 32 stuff is stuff is easy to sell but far harder to find even in the bad economy and still far more expensive than the Model A and later Ford parts.
    Just my 2 cents.
    Merry Christmas

18. I think you nailed it Francisco P !!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

19. X2 55 Dude

20. 3Deuce40

3Deuce40
    from Colorado

I just bought a Deuce sedan for 50cents on the dollar and got a bone stocker with a title. Price might have been a little high but like a friend said, I just bought it early. Ford isn't making anymore of them. I definately think its a buyers market.

21. Reason 1 - the economy. Gotta pay the bills, mortgage, especially if you've lost your job.
    Reason 2 - age, sickness. I know of two owners who passed away this year; one owned a '32 roadster, the other owned a '40 coupe.
    Reason 3 - California, maybe other state imposing new old car legislation.
    Reason 4 - Shops and suppliers closing their doors - Deuce Factory, Mattson's, and more.
    and finally, Reason 5 - Gas prices.

Also - maybe some are just getting tired of the hobby.

22. bcharlton

bcharlton
    from Buffalo NY

Good news and bad news boys. The good news is that I have waited for 10 years to buy a 5 window 32 and now it's mine as of 2 week ago. The bad news is that the economy sucks and this is why the car was finally affordable. I am convinced that I saved over $10,000 by buyng now vs. 3 years ago.
    please enjoy the pics.

I am still building the 31 5 window Olds but now there is no rush.

BC

Attached Files:

23. Larry T

Larry T

I think the matra is "Buy low, sell high". I don't think the guys that aren't in a bind are bailing just because the price of everything has dropped (priced and late model Harley lately?). In fact they are probably gathering up as much of the "distress sale" merchandise as they can store for when the economy recovers.
    Larry T

24. John Stimac

John Stimac

Second run at trying to sell my delivery right now on E--- . I dropped the asking by 5GS, I'm going to lose 10 if it sells. If you dont cheat, it takes a lot of bread to get it done.
    Not one offer, although I realize that its a large chunk to lay out. Maybe we really have seen the best of days pass us by.

Attached Files:

25. bloodyjack

bloodyjack

26. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

It is a NICE higher end sedan delivery :), BUT it is not a real, Henry Ford issued delivery. 80 grand is a LOT of money and while most really LIKE sedan deliveries ... they have a more limited appeal that say a 32 Ford sedan, coupe or roadster :eek:

The reason it has not sold is the right guy ( or gal ) has not seen it. It would already be sold ... if it was here in the Carolinas. :D

27. No wonder the price is dropping on the black 32 Sedan Delivery....the back bumper is bent!!!!!!

28. Ebert

Ebert

29. John Stimac

John Stimac

Overhead pic of the bent rear bumper

Attached Files:

30. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

NO DOUBT ... a fine example and I myself would not know it was not a Henry Ford issued sedan delivery except that Mr. Stimac ( a honest type ... up front guy as far as I know ) states in his ad on that famous auction site

Only about 400 of these units were ever built, with most receiving commercial usage, very few originals remain today. Ford built these units by converting Tudor sedans, quarter glass areas filled, big rear door w/rear glass added and drip rail over the door...

Thanks to a wood kit provided Doug McRae of Topeka Kansas and restoration shops like Kemps Rod & Restoration of Hancock, Michigan, a few more of these unique vehicles are hitting the road today!

I was not putting the delivery or Mr Stimac down in any way.

As for the rear bumper ... it is supposed to be shaped inward. Deliveries came that way. :D It made access to the rear of the delivery easier. They also have shorter bumper braces from Henry Ford ... to also make access easier.