Register now to get rid of these ads!

Have you ever taken your wife

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by indygasser, Dec 10, 2010.

1. edweird

edweird

thats the only way i could get it was take it !

2. toolman1967

toolman1967

Last time we went out to the junkyard, the owner made my wife promise to bring him out some jerky after deer season and wrote down about 10 recipes for her to try. They even tried to get her to quit her job of a CPA and become a taxidermist.....My wife will talk cars, motorcycles, hunting, deer skinning or the best way to make stinkbait for catfishing. Yeah, my wife is AWESOME!

3. gsport

gsport

i remeber once, many many years ago.....

4. billsill45

billsill45
    from SoCal

No, but sometimes when my wife wants me to take her to Target, Walmart, a mall or some other soul-crushing retail experience, I threaten to spend a day dragging her through a couple of auto wrecking yards. That, or make her go with me to one of the local auto parts stores to inspect their inventory of filters, belts and radiator hoses.

Occasionally, the threat actually works and I'm off the hook....

5. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

Yep mine likes to go to swap meets and such.

6. lowelife

lowelife

Who do you think carries the heavy shit?

7. Pops1532

Pops1532
    from Illinois

My girl friend and later wife used to go with me to the junk yard all the time. The old guy that ran it was a friend of mine. He was going through a divorce and offered to sell me the place......house, rental house trailer, hook ups for a second trailer, shop, wrecking yard, and 300+ 50's-early 70's cars for $89K. That was a pretty good chunk of money at the time but still a good deal. Let's just say my wife didn't share my enthusiasm about buying the place! The guy sold it to his son. Twenty years go by and the town grew up around the place. The kid sold the place for $1.2 MILLION.
    My wife still goes with me to swap meets but I don't think she's been to a junkyard in 25 years.
    Pops

8. No Clue...

No Clue...
    from Lusk, WY

I showed this thread to my wife, who by the way has been to shows and swapmeets with me, and she said " going to a salvage yard with you would be like taking an alcoholic to a bar..." :)

9. ems customer service

ems customer service

that was one big girl

10. harley rider

harley rider

junk yards ,swap meets, drag races. car shows, bike shows.my wife enjoys them all. took her to a swap meet last year came home with a 39 chevy.

11. coolbreeze1340

coolbreeze1340
    from Indiana

I took my X-wife to a junkyard. I wonder if she ever did get out of that 58 Buick trunk?

My new wife has not been to a junkyard yet but she hasn't started complaining about by cars or tools yet either!

12. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

My late wife Alice loved the place...only car stuff she knew was '32 Ford, and there weren't ever any of those in stock, but she fully understood scrounging, pillaging, and finding goodies in mountains of crap. She had very poor vision and mobility, so I had to watch her like a hawk...it was really pretty dangerous for her, especially in winter.
    I taught her that the jungle had everything, and you could always trust the jungle to provide what you needed...any lack of anything in a junkyard can be filled by the junkyard. Always. We once had a killer example of that...her hands and ears were getting so cold she was shaking. I popped the glove compartment on a nearby car... bingo, NICE gloves and earmuffs in perfect shape, in a gray that matched her jacket!!
    She loved the hunt for cool stuff...

I saw perhaps the world's most unfortunate trip to junkyard with wife...
    This bizarre couple turned up at the yard looking for a late Caddy taillight lens. They were entirely in white, cloth-leather-and fur, looking like a prosperous used-car dealer couple from Queens, and were giggling and commenting loudly on the humor of such folks as themselves shopping in a junkyard...I would bet money they lived in one of those Mafia mansionettes you see in the city, new house looking exactly like a diner, surrounded by an elaborate gated wall on a tiny urban lot, entirely furnished in neo red velvet bordello...
    An employee pointed them towards the GM section. It was February. In the junkyard.
    Puddles of oily scum, heaps of filthy leftover snow. They picked their ways out of sight...we heard a loud crash...a scream...wife cursing like a sailor...husband yelping indignantly...I wish a camera had been around.

13. gashog

gashog

Proposed to my wife at Donovan's Salvage in Georgetown, Delaware.

14. bentwings

bentwings

The day my wife goes to a junk yard I'll know I'm dead because she said "The only way I'll go to a junk yard is when I drag all your old stuff over your dead body to the junk yard"

15. she goes with me one time. she even had a good eye for parts that i can incorparate into my 32 ford . She only complained two thousand times that day .......

16. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

I was gonna to say that most yards won't buy 'em.

17. No Clue...

No Clue...
    from Lusk, WY

Sounds like a fair trade....

18. OK I already posted on this thread but just incase anyone missed it I just wanted to say that I would never do such a thing because I am a perfect gentleman. :rolleyes:

19. 40FordGuy

40FordGuy

If you meet a woman who keeps looking over your shoulder in the garage,....she's a keeper !!!

4TTRUK

20. Take her? hell, I met mine there.:) I was looking for a part for my 49 pontiac hearse, and while standing there, I noticed a 57 chevy convt. sitting on blocks. Out from under the back crawled some beautiful legs with purple hot pants and white go-go boots.:eek: come to find out, she was jamming coil springs between the frame and leaf springs for that jacked up , tire clearance look.:D 3 weeks later, we married. 39 years now. she's still into drop tops... just not hamb friendly.

21. forgot the most important part... pics:)
    Oh, and I talked her out of the coils springs idea.

Attached Files:

22. Truckedup

Truckedup

My wife loves old mechanical shit,cars,trucks,sewing machines,me.

23. b-bob

b-bob

Now, there is a deal i would like to make!!

24. I have taken my wife to the junk yard a few times , she sits in the and reads. She says digging thru the stuff is not her thing. She doesn't go with me any more.

Lee

25. OldTC

OldTC

Ah,....my wife corrected me the other day, she would NOT, in fact, "rather be set on fire then go with me to the salvage yard".

I stand corrected.

26. erlomd

erlomd

thats right! been married for 7 years now, and it takes some heavy convincing to go to a car show where all the cars are shinny....i can't even fathom taking her to a junk yard! she does the laundry, cleans the house, does the dishes, makes the food...i don't think a day in a greasy smelly junk yard is her idea of a nice day together...
    men...leave the wives alone...and leave the grease monkey junk yard pickin' days for yourself...she would much rather pick flowers or fruit off a tree than crusty rusty parts off of God knows what...lol:D

27. Fordtudor37

Fordtudor37

At one time my wife would ride in our street rod's but not visit in the garage for long. 16 years later and she hasen't ridden in any of my cars for the last 10 years and yells out to the garage if she needs something.

Enjoy the fact that they are with you, even if they don't say a word !

28. jammersspeed

jammersspeed
    from herman mn.

i have taken mine many times... she likes walking around looking at all the old stuff

29. billsill45

billsill45
    from SoCal

Or she's taking inventory for the pending divorce negotiations....

30. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Yeah, not a keeper til you hear her comment on what she is looking at!
    One type of woman will say something like: "You're putting your HANDS in that goo!!?? I'll spread some newspapers in the kitchen so you have a place to sleep!"
    A top-grade one will say something more like "No, NO! The upper circlip has to go on BEFORE you install the sleeve!"