Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Have you ever seen any of these? UPDATE

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Thank you,I thought it was interesting and these are items I have have never seen except on the internet.HRP

2. Another interesting item, The Resilient Auto wheel.

upload_2018-7-25_11-27-44.jpeg

[​IMG]

The Resilient Auto Wheel was manufactured by the Resilient Auto Wheel Company of Duluth, Minnesota. It was featured in the local newspaper during 1914, and at the time it was called a new invention. In The Automobile Magazine May 21, 1914

The Automobile Magazine May 21, 1914 issue, shows full details about the wheel shown in the (top) photo.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  3. snow6.jpg

The Ford Model T Snowmobile patent was issued to Mr. White in 1917, but pictures of his earlier creations date back to 1910. The front tires were removed, a set of wooden skis were added, and a set of heavy track-like chains connected the dual axles.

The Ford Model T Snowmobile changed life in the north country of New Hampshire. Back then, roads were not paved—and not passable during the severe New Hampshire winters. A machine like this now made it possible to deliver mail, get into town, and travel! However, few could afford the luxury.

Still, this makes my son and I very proud, as we are New Hampshire residents who collect vintage and antique snowmobiles. I give full credit to my fellow Granite-stater. But it is important to note that all of the manufacturers who followed contributed to the design of the powerful and reliable machines we know today. HRP

4. These type of wheels were plagued by slushy snow/ice build up in the winter which raised hell with wheel balance. They probably made a nice ride in any just right circumstances, though.

5. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Thanks for posting. Never seen the bed set before.

6. Update, I found one of the missing items from the kit, the tire repair kit at a junk shop this morning, it measures 4.5" x 2".

The contents are missing. HRP

s-l1600 (2).jpg

Finding a old spark plug probably won't be any problem but finding the cardboard box, with or without the bulbs will be amazing. HRP

Last edited: Jun 9, 2023
    ffr1222k likes this.