Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects HAVE to Finish the LYNDWOOD by October 2009

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The37Kid, Jan 18, 2009.

1. aerorocket

aerorocket
    from N.E. P.A.

Hey Shadow my hand is also up if your looking for a driver. Bob's engine is apart getting the crank checked. I think Bob said the fiat body car is going to run a potvin nailhead, not sure though, I'll ask him tomorrow. Get yours ready for the showdown.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2009
  2. Dino the weirdo

Dino the weirdo

Bob? who "Isn't Well"? we need to contact him... PM me. Dino

PoconoRat...Have NEW topic Heading at Dover site For Pocono, Westhampton ,Montgomery, South Glens Falls and other tracks
    Looking For More History on MONTGOMERY ..From club members that worked there...Did they have Timers ?

3. Rolling tribute to Pat Bilbow and Lyndwood Welding, signed on the inside by Bob Bilbow.

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  4. NoSurf

NoSurf

Any updates on this?

5. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

hop over to the Lyndwood group

Last edited: May 15, 2009
  6. The37Kid

The37Kid

No progress to report on "Alley Oop", like many there are money matters to deal with. I've got an idea of how much money I'll need to finish it so some wall handers are going on the block to get that done. Hope is sounds good when it's all done.

Attached Files:

7. Bob Bilbow is selling Lyndwood tshirts on HAMB classifieds. They're old school and kool.

8. noboD

noboD

Weekly storage is available for Oct. 7-10. Better get busy!!

9. The37Kid

The37Kid

Thanks! Bet that would make a young tractor operator real happy. :)

10. The37Kid

The37Kid

Well, it is a small step, took the ALGON setup off the block. Never worked on any fuel injection stuff so this is all new to me. Finding the original type fuel lines is the first step. The stacks need to be rechromed, the only chrome on the car.

Attached Files:

11. hugh m

hugh m
    from ct.

Seems to me there were several Lyndwood altereds around in the sixties/ seventies, Ronnie Dollinger had one at Speed Parts Center, Guy named Wally Lynn (I think) had one, pretty sure they weren't that uncommon. Back in 1970 or so I was building one, and always assumed it to be a kit, because it was gas welded, and some of that was a little iffy.The project eventually fizzled out when it was discovered you could have a decent dirt bike for the cost of wheels and tires. Sold it for$200,with a nice set of Palimides spokes. Oh well.

12. Dino the weirdo

Dino the weirdo

Great to hear you're back on the rebuild....AND you have a perfect Deadline ---AACA Fall meet ..........Just so happens IF ya make it , thats THE WEEK BEFORE Our Dover Drag Strip Nostalgia Drags At ISLAND DRAGWAY...You KNOW ,the car will be right at home with "Bad News" C/A restoration, "Blown Hearse" restoration project and ALL the other Authentic Dover Cars ,either Running OR ON DISPLAY....have almost 50 Real Dover cars/drivers committed already....(Skeet Russells original C/S Plymouth, Kevin Dunn -B/G Willys, Ronnie Morehead-original T/S Volvo) with thier real original racer or current ride. All the info at Nostalgia Drags Heading at Forum. All will make the Sept.6 Reunion in Danbury for "team" debut. Drags to be covered by Drag Racer Magazine .

13. gaspumpchas

gaspumpchas

BOB is bringing his Lyndwood FED to the Pocono drag lodge reunion, august 15, 2009; sure would be great to have 2 Lyndwood dragsters there!! Wilkes-Barre is 9 miles away..come on up and pass the word!!
    email me to get on the mailing list!!

Charlie Hulsizer
    e-mail: [email protected]
    845-635-3662 after 7:30 pm:D

14. The37Kid

The37Kid

Found this photo from two years ago, Bones Stevens the last guy to drive AlleyOop being interviewed while sitting in the car. When I asked him if he wanted to sit in the car he hoped in like he was 20 years old again. There is so much to do on the car, that is a dummy engine, and there are a lot of little things, but I did send in for my Hershey paperwork last week.

Attached Files:

15. The37Kid

The37Kid

Maybe 2010, I'm giving up on 2009. If anyone has a lead on a LYNDWOOD hub cap for the Harley wheels please send me a PM.

16. Nuts- I was looking forward to seeing it at Hershey!

17. The37Kid

The37Kid

Found these photos at the Dover Reunion yesterday, photos of photos, but they look fairly good. Found out that "Alley Oop" had 11 LOW ET's and won the Pepsi Points Award at Dover Drag Strip one year. Can someone that knows how to add photos on the Lyndwood Eliminators Social Group steal these and post them? I have copies being made of many Lyndwood rails that were in albums at yesterdays reunion. Moon tank? Still missing.:(

Attached Files:

18. The37Kid

The37Kid

So much for that 2009 Dead Line! Now Scarry Larry has me thinking about getting the car finished in time for the Jalopy Showdown Drags September 29, 2012, Hershey is two weeks later. Money and motivation are the two things I need to focus on. Looks like everything comes in $250.00 steps, maybe I just need to find 250 and spend it right away on needed parts, then go make more/sell more. Took the photo an hour ago of the car covered up and the machined block in plastic. Pulled the engine stand out, will buy bolts to attach the block tomorrow. One step at a time, make a parts list, buy parts, paint, assemble, install. Repete until finished. Bob

Attached Files:

19. noboD

noboD

Yea, get your ass in gear! The storage facility is open.

20. scarylarry

scarylarry

Sounds like you've also had some friendly offers to make this happen by then also...cant wait!! Hop to it bub!!!!

21. The37Kid

The37Kid

Thanks Larry, I polished the rims of my Five Spokes today, will get some Gibbs tomorrow, and see about ordering lug nuts. The Lyndwood is the only project I have that could be finished in 3 months. I'm even listing stuff in the classifieds here. Thanks for getting this deal rolling. Bob

Attached Files:

22. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Depends on how bad you want it to happen I guess.
    Borrow the money,get (hire?) some help,etc.etc.etc.
    You can do it!
    Im rootin for ya! Good luck!

23. The37Kid

The37Kid

I did pay New England Chrome to put a satin finish on the ALGON stacks.:D

Attached Files:

24. The37Kid

The37Kid

THREE WEEKS OLD and he's helping Grandpa! Sold a grille and need a box to ship it in, went next door and found my Grandson's first empty carton. It's good to have a helpful crew member. Bob

Attached Files:

25. noboD

noboD

I can see this is going to slow you down!

26. Congrats, Bob- cute little nipper!!!

27. scarylarry

scarylarry

Cute kid...back to work!! ;)

28. The37Kid

The37Kid

I got a nice PM from a new HAMB Member Gus Kurjiaka who was an original member of the Danbury Modifiers and painted the car originally back in 1960. I'll dig out all the old photos with club members in them, maybe he's in them. This early shot shows the car at its second time out with the Chrysler HEMI, Montgomery N.Y. airport in 1960.:)

Attached Files:

29. noboD

noboD

Is it ready for paint yet, maybe he can freshen it up a bit?

30. The37Kid

The37Kid

Looks just like this today, except for the lost MOON tank. Really tought to push myself to get motivated to work on it. Buying rear brake parts is the next step. Bob[​IMG]