Register now to get rid of these ads!

Have PPG and Dupont codes...need RAL for powdercoat

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 64starfire, Apr 2, 2010.

1. 64starfire

64starfire

I'm trying to order a set of wheels that would be powder coated to match the car. My color is Acapulco Blue Ditzler/PPG 13357 or Dupont 4857. I see that powdercoats are listed as RAL. I've tried Googling with only limited sucess. Isn't there a full blown conversion chart? That and I'm on a little bit of a time crunch.
    thanks

Last edited: Apr 2, 2010
  2. dzahm

dzahm
    from NC

I don't know of a conversion chart but I have some color chips from NIC. Can ya post a swatch and I will try to find a close one. RAL is a standard but there are variances though slight. NIC will custom make a powder to match but its pricey.

3. Streetwerkz

Streetwerkz

there is NO paint to powder conversion chart unfortunately.
    there are thousands of colors available however.

try NIC industries, powder buy the pound (best forum IMO) , Eastwood

4. 64starfire

64starfire

Ok well so much for that idea. Here's the paint chart and my car as is. After the front disc conversion it was discovered the front dust cap/spindle end won't fit under the cap for those wheels. It's ok, didn't have my heart set on those wheels anyhow.

Attached Files:

5. Streetwerkz

Streetwerkz

because of screen settings, scan quality, etc your best bet is to find a local powder coater and take you chip book in for a match.
    www.powderbuythepound.com does custom matching in small qty.

My first cool car was a 4 door 65 Olds Delta 88.... man I miss that car :(..

6. We use almost all NIC powders, very good stuff! They might have the color your looking for with over 2500 colors available! I would try them for a custom mix if you need it.