Register now to get rid of these ads!

Have I been staring at this too long...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jax2A, May 20, 2010.

1. Jax2A

Jax2A

Ok, I like playing with Hot Wheels... now that I've said that...

Trying to get ideas for my 27 T touring on A rails 4 banger project I took several Hot Wheels and cut them up to reassemble them in various ways to get a visual on how things will look.

Has anyone ever seen a track nose on a Touring? I put the track nose on this as a whim but it's been sitting on my desk that way for a while and I'm starting to like the idea. How do you think it would look... or have I just been staring at it too long and gotten used to it?

Attached Files:

2. shainerman

shainerman

I think it looks pretty good, who knows how it would translate to big size though. i say if you can make the nose or throw one on for a trial, go for it. And its cool, i have a 34 5 window gasser hotwheel on my desk as we speak, haha.

3. Capt.Mike

Capt.Mike

Have not seen one before, but what the heck, try it. The worst that can happen is you don't like it and you take it off and try another one. I think it may well give it that "one off" look we all want in our big boy toys.

4. OK I've never seen one myself but I don't doubt that someone has.

Its all a matter of proportion I suppose. I know where there is an A sedan with a track nose and the proportion is all wrong, or at least that is the way it looks to me.

But given the right nose it could look good. Same with your touring. If you get the right nose the right shape it'll look just fine. Hard to tell with the hot wheels but I'm sure you can get it worked out.

5. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

6. LOWBLAZERO1

LOWBLAZERO1

I think it looks pretty good (my photo-editing skills on the other hand suck)

Attached Files:

7. That looks good! I toyed withthe idea when buiding mine.

8. A track T touring with a huge tonneau cover with support bows underneath (ala boat covers) would be pretty killer, especially in a dove gray and burgundy/wine early wires.

9. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

not too bad, but those wheels and tires need to go..:D:rolleyes:

10. ..how do you guys take those hotwheels apart?

11. little tiny wrenches

to good to pass up. apologies to all.

12. Jax2A

Jax2A

Cool it appears I'm not losing it. Thanks for all the good words. Might have to give it a go. I agree wires would look best but I don't have any at present. And I'm thinking of a surf green with cream paint scheme and canvas seat covers and tonneau. I agree about the wheels on my hot wheels but they were the only set I had that fit this chassis. Besides traditional wheels on hot wheels and matcbox are hard to find. As far as taking them apart I just drill out the head of the rivets and carefully work them apart. This one is made up from four different donor cars. The body started out as a duece delivery.

13. firerod

firerod
    from Colorado

Looks good. Go for it.

14. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

when I was a kid I used a rock or my dads big vice :D

15. just drill out the rivet headfs on the chassis then most people epoxy them back together

the custom hotwheel looks cool

im not big on track t's...yeah , so shoot me.... but id try it out with your touring its your car if you like it keep it and fuck those that dont like it .... if there are any

16. Jax2A

Jax2A

OK, I'm starting to dig it even more and like the idea of maybe being the first to try it. So I think I'll at least attempt it. Like you said, I can always change it if it doesn't pan out.