Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects haters gonna hate. My Rudy truck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Plowboy, Jul 15, 2013.

1. bobbyjamesf1

bobbyjamesf1

I love these "Bobber Trucks", but I have definate ideas about how they should be done! First of all, the box should be very short. Like just at or just beyound the rear tires (hence the term Bobber) The front end should be the suiside type, but not streched out. (Just in front of the grill shell) The engine should be street drivable. Multi carbs is good, but leave the blowers to the Dragster guys. A hood is a must! at least the top. Side panels are optional. I am also partial to the rounded cabs of the late 30w, and 40s trucks.
    Now I know "to each his own", but remember these trucks should be driven, which also means "ya gotta put some kind of mufflers on 'em" Again, leave the zoomies to the dragster boys.
    Ok, lets have it. lets see what ya got!

2. wsdad

wsdad

Midget.

3. LOVE THAT SKETCH! That's what I'm talking about.....Mostly factory parts with a pinch of this and a dash of that, all placed in the proper locations. In theory, it sounds simplistic. In execution, it's harder than it looks, because you'll spend hours doing something that's so seamless and subtle that nobody ever catches it but you. To some, all the effort with no recognition drives them nuts, but I think it's worth the effort. I like that kind of stuff. Vehicles that you walk up on, and the more you look, the more you see.

4. FarmRod

FarmRod

Jeem- Im doing a very similar front end thats going on my pickup soon.. 38 deluxe grill and hood. This is a very very poor photoshop of my truck with the new hood/grill set up and a quick bed thrown on just to finish it...

These truck can be killer but as already stated, easily to ruin with stretched fronts and the wrong stance..

Attached Files:

5. jjjmm56

jjjmm56
    from FL.

Heres a picture I found of a die cast truck. It looks close to the hood and grill in your pic. This is what I"m going for but was wondering how close the 36/37 coupe and truck cowl are. Speedway carries a 37 fiberglass hood.

Attached Files:

6. slammed

slammed

Hey Aaron! Hows the build, the HAMB could use a worthy build bump. Your addy the same? I shall mail these magazines this week to you. Uranus!

7. I'm really worried about the guy who commented about the Hair Bands right after the Perry Como post .......

8. AHotRod

AHotRod

Aaaaaaaaaah Maaaaaaaaaannn, I'm in 1975 all over again :)

9. Model T1

Model T1

10. Heres one that is very well executed..a chevy tho.
    [​IMG]

11. Don't you mean 1985?

12. Rusty

Rusty

Looking good!

13. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Do you have a thread on your pickup, I'd like to follow it.

Like most everything about this one EXCEPT the tailpan. Like Rudy's Ford, the panel below the tailgate is about 5/6ths too thick, 'course it's just another opinion.

14. 5/6th's of what

15. Agreed. Dig the truck, but my eyes keep locking on to the tailpan and the lower panels below the bedsides. I know what the builder was trying to achieve, but if he would have shortened them up just a little and maybe even sneaked in subtle body reveal similar to the lower one on the cab and carried it all the way around, it would have really tied it all together and had a little bit of a factory custom vibe. That's nit-pickin', though. The truck is still waaay cool.

16. How tall of a person could drive a truck built like this? I love the look, chopped and channeled, but could a 6'4 person such as myself even think about building one?

17. stpaulsdealmaker

stpaulsdealmaker

Anybody who doesnt like this truck and what your doing , probably should be on another sight,Dempsey

18. Do you mean site?

19. Sweet build I like it

20. X 2 :cool:

21. Plowboy

Plowboy

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1376680578.035170.jpg . Been busy at work, and goofing off. Here is a pic of the rear suspension. All plumbed up just need to toss the bed back on.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  22. Plowboy

Plowboy

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1376687098.776905.jpg . Front end all together. Just need to get it wired now.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  23. slammed

slammed

Yes! Update. Low slung, dat beach will whip some serious doughnuts. Check the grill, no tractor/welding helmet number there.

24. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Just my awkward way of saying the pan is too deep.

25. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Early A Beds look the best on these...but that's me....

26. Plow real sweet ride and great work !

27. luckyfasteddie

luckyfasteddie

I wasn't gonna post or make any comments cause I realize my truck is not exactly HAMB friendly . But this sketch looks an awful lot like mine so here goes

Attached Files:

28. monsterflake

monsterflake

29. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

Oh God, that's funny!