Register now to get rid of these ads!

Has Ol' Skool Rodz ripped U off too???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bone Daddy, Apr 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bone Daddy

Bone Daddy

Ol' Skool Rodz/Ck Deluxe approched us for art work and traded magazine subscriptions/advertising and never delivered. Then they printed art work twice and never gave credit to our company which was part of the agreement. We have left a dozen messages and they don't return our calls or our emails. Don't do business with them, because they don't keep their word. Geno and Alan are both gutless weasels. Then they have Bo Huff calling us trying to say it was an honest mistake. They also said that they were going to print a correction. Sooner or later we will meet up with them. We can't wait to spread the word up and down the East coast. Have they screwed anybody else? Here's just 2 of about 20 pics of art they have. Are they as stupid as they pretend to be???
    Bone Daddy www.elrodshotrods.com

Attached Files:

2. borndead327

borndead327

kinda funny but geno is a stand up guy.

3. Three different times I have skimmed through the magazine on the news stand. Ripped me off for about 15 minutes, total. I don't look at them anymore.

Your mileage may vary…

4. NTAPHSE

NTAPHSE

That sucks man. I've bought the mag a few times form the stand, but I'll be boycotting it from now on. Seems to mostly be a 'culture/rockabilly' mag anyways, not too interesting to me.

5. Isn't there a message board called Ol' Skool Rodz?

6. GRSMNKYCUSTOMS

GRSMNKYCUSTOMS
    from TUCSON

im sure geno will take care of it. he is a stand up dude

7. toledobill

toledobill

Bone Daddy –

That’s some serious great stuff in your artwork, but you’re not the first (or last) to get hosed in the magazine game. In their defense, they’re dealing with publication dates a half-year out and the suits are clamoring for “content” and “subscriptions” NOW.

I myself got a major stiff from Petersen back in 1963 when I had a weekend off from the USAF and visited 5959 Hollywood to unload a few cartoons and sell a concept to someone…
    (whose initials were Dick Day)
    … on a series of cartoons about my days as a flag starter at the local drags.

Dick (and for legal reasons I use the term as a nickname, not a pejorative) even agreed to the lead drawing, one of a relaxed surfer-type dude chewing a toothpick with his two flags curled at his hips. He said he understood that I had another three-month obligation to the USAF, but I’d be home that summer and ready to ink the feature in.

Imagine my surprise when I mustered out, got back home, and discovered the latest issue of Car’toons on the newsstands featuring a series about flag starters and a laid-back surfer-type-dude chewing a toothpick with two flags curled at his hips.

Bottom line – I realized that it’s a whole different ballgame trying to deal WITH the publishing racket if you’re not IN the publishing racket. If you’re a day-to-day guy working on the staff, you might have some control over where and when your stuff gets used. If you’re not on the staff, you don’t have a prayer. They’re not really trying to screw you; they’re just scrambling like hell to keep their noses above water. You can accept it or you can stay away from the publishing business.

I’ve enjoyed some forty-plus years away and it hasn’t hurt me yet.

8. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

wife gets People and Good housekeeping..i get OSR, CKD, WIZZ, C RODDER, RC, PLUS HOT ROD, POP HOT RODDING, AND CAR CRAFT...I DONT LIKE SOME OF THEM SOME OF THE TIME, BUT IT BEATS THE SHIT OUT OF THE WIFES MAGS!!!althought, i do kinda like modern bride!!!:D :D :D breeder:)

9. Irish Dan

Irish Dan

Too bad about the conflict. I hope you get it straightened out. BTW,You do nice graphics!

10. I still think they should call it "Rat Rodderz Digest"...
    Sam.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.