Register now to get rid of these ads!

Has anyone used the 97 adjustable main jets?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by no55mad, Nov 4, 2012.

1. no55mad

no55mad

Can anyone shine some light on the adjustable mains? Are they a good alternative to changing fixed jets?

2. "good alternative" ?

No.

3. no55mad

no55mad

Does this mean the adjustable mains are not recommended?

4. i run 16 adjustable jets on my blown hemi with 8-97s. they are dick crawford jets. there are other makes out there. mine work perfect. i have a air fuel gauge on my car and can make a adjustment in seconds and see what i did. the whole key to the adjustable jets is to make sure they are not damaged or bent and were made where if the jet is screwed out say one turn it goes richer another turn richer yet. what you dont want is a adjuster that goes rich -lean -rich lean and you dont know where you are or how the adjustments are effecting the mixture. i swear by them. i have also taken time and spent the money to get good parts. and for the doughters out there the car has won a goodguys hot rod shoot out and qualified at the march meet. on the dyno the car hit 850hp i say they work just fine.

5. goose-em

goose-em
    from Louisiana

So easy to change a jet in a 97 why use an adjustable one that you can never be sure is an exact match from barrel to barrel?

6. thats exactly what i was talking about. use good parts to start with and you wont have any variation. and to answer the question of why use them here is a example. i put my car on a chassis dyno with air filters in place and exhaust closed timing set for street use. made pulls and made carb adjustments. made pulls with open exhaust no filters race timing. with everything documented i can now go to the track and set the car up to race in minutes. I'm not tearing carbs apart. there is no messy gas spills. when im done racing i can put it back to street specs again in minutes. not to mention the cost of gaskets and jets for every possible combination. the whole key to the adj. jets lies in the skill of the machinist that make them.