Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Has anyone used Star Cool coolant ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Don's Hot Rods, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

We just had a new engine built for my Son's RPU and we are kicking around using a coolant made by Starbrite, called Star Cool. Supposedly, it is for high performance, long life usage and it is supposed to protect engines, even with dissimilar metals in them. Summit sells it, as does a lot of other places.

Anyone tried it and have any feedback ?

Thanks,

http://www.star-cool.com/usa/

Don

2. stimpy

stimpy

its the same as sierra antifreeze .
    we been using PG a/fs in trucks for years , its often called long life , and you do have to test it as it will turn bad or loose its protection as time goes on . we use spin on cartridges to suplement the a/f chemicals . and distilled water or Di water is a must otherwise its bad or worse than good old EG . most times its sold prediluted . and you have to use a special tester as its heavier and the eg tester will not read right .

pg in a older motor will make it run hotter as its transfer/rejection rate is lower than eg a/f's , which is good for a modern car as they are made to run hotter . if its a cruiser I would say use it . if its a real hot rod then you might want to look into a plain Eg a/f .

3. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Thanks, I appreciate the info. I am running regular antifreeze in everything else and it works fine. I put in a can of Lucas water pump lubricant every time, just because. Tonight I got my 27 out for the first time after it's rebuild, and it was running at 150 in traffic with the electric fan on. I may have to put a temp sensor on the fan to kick it off and on, instead of the switch I have been using.

Don