Register now to get rid of these ads!

Has anyone seen my old car ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hapydz, Sep 2, 2010.

1. About five years ago I sold my '27 Ford coupe to a fellow in Washington State. I believe he has since sold it and I have lost touch with him. I was just wondering if she is alive and well as the build took sixteen years. If you see her say hello for me , would you?
    Ron

Attached Files:

• T3.jpg
      T3.jpg
      File size:
      512.5 KB
      Views:
    • T9.jpg
      T9.jpg
      File size:
      433.3 KB
      Views:
    • T16.jpg
      T16.jpg
      File size:
      491.1 KB
      Views:
  2. No help here, but I wanted to say that its a neat car; I like it!
    What was the drivetrain?

3. Hope you find it .thats one of the coolest TallTs Ive seen,really dig the resto look,I too sold my Tall T to a guy in washington,it was red with a tube frame(built by Calif St.Rods) and all jag susp.bright red with a ford v-6,it also went into hiding...........like you I wondered where it went, I think Ive got some pics of your car from maybe goodguys ........

Last edited: Sep 2, 2010
  4. texasred

texasred
    from Houston

16yrs. And you sold it???wtf. That would be like selling your pecker

5. falconwagon62

falconwagon62

No it wouldn't.:rolleyes:...I use one more than the other!:p

6. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

that's a nice looking T. haven't seen it here in sunny Californa.. I'd remember that one.

7. "16yrs. And you sold it???wtf. That would be like selling your pecker "

Gees, that is the funniest response !!! Maybe so but I never really felt like it was me, if you know what I mean. I loved watching it go down the street when someone else drove it and the Buick V-6 sounded great but..... I wanted to build a roadster, so I did....
    Thanks for responding (all of you). I really appreciate the comments.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 3, 2010
  8. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

Got anymore pics of the 39? Love it!

9. Man, I like that coupe! But then that roadster is pretty nice also...

10. Steve, here are a couple of pictures of the '39 for you.
    Thanks, Ron
    p.s. I feel right at home in this one!

Attached Files:

11. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

Oh man! Are you kidding me????
    Details please.

[​IMG]

12. The midget is a 1946 Solar with a V-8-60 . I loved taking "The Package" to a wonderful IMCA Oldtimers event in Arlington Mn. I made a bunch of great friends and scared the living crap out of myself pretending I was Mario. On the way home from Arlington for the last time , I decided that it was time to sell the midget as I felt that if I got any bolder that I just might kill myself or even worse, damage the car and I knew I couldn't have any more fun than what I had just had. It was certainly a high spot in my life to have had this fantastic experience. The last time I saw it was a few years ago in a museum in Grand Junction Colorado. Sob......

Attached Files:

13. hoof22

hoof22
    Member Emeritus

GEEEEZZZ Ron!! You've sold more cool cars than anyone I know has even owned!! I did see a BUNCH of Tall T's drive by at the GG in Pleasanton last week, and while it was one the coolest things I saw all weekend, and your car looks familiar, I wasn't paying close enough attention to see if yours was among them. Have to hunt for some pics of the event and see...Very cool T, but your Roadster is spectacular in every respect!

EW

14. Eric; It's only because I'm the oldest kid you know ;-)
    Ron
    p.s. Thanks for the kind words regarding the roadster!

Attached Files:

15. I agree, great looking T coupe. I've parted with afew cars I wish I still had.
    Good luck finding out about the "Lost Tall T".

16. Roadsir

Roadsir

Cool T. Great look.

You know that '39 really isn't you, it's more me.... I actually had a twin to yours that I sold...and shouldn't have.

I used to attend the oldtimers meet in Arlington as a spectator. What a great event. That Ranger powered car alway sticks in my mind.

17. Probably sportin 22's and stick on portholes by now. :D

18. Sir; I can remember two Ranger powered sprinters that would show up there. One was from Alberta Can. and it was a work of art. The black one was from Iowa, I think and it was an unrestored original. How many events could one go to and have two rare cars like that and both running on a dirt track, at the same time. It was truly the best of times.
    My '39 came out of Monticelo Mn about 22 years ago ( I can't believe I've had it that long) and I guess my widow will be the one to sell it.
    Thanks for reviving some old, happy memories and as the owner of the burgundy Ranger used to say as we were parting ways, "See ya on down the road"
    Ron

19. Roadsir

Roadsir

The one I recall was the black unrestored car from IA. It was so well preserved and to see the old guy (mid-upper 80's??) running it was really special.

20. Sir; I just checked out your very neat rides and I do remember your Dad's cool coupe parked very close to where I would pitch my tent. I hope my drool didn't hurt the paint .
    Ahhhhhh, just love this stuff !!!
    MSRA 1927

21. This was the last time I saw it......

Attached Files:

• tfx5.jpg
      tfx5.jpg
      File size:
      321.9 KB
      Views:
  22. OK, we are going to have to see more pictures of that roadster....

23. All of those are sweeeeet!

24. ZRODZ

ZRODZ

I really like the coupe, but it's no contest for the roadster, that is one sweet ride.

25. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Were did it go in Washington?

26. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I haven't seen it around here. If it had been at Vintiques when I went this year or a couple of years ago I'd have photos of it for sure.

I just looked at a roadster that has been around this area for the past 30+ years and only sees daylight about twice a year though so the car may just not come out of the garage very often or hit events where guys might see it or hit events at all.
    A tall T coupe in the PNW is going to be waving "look at me" to any one of us and someone would have seen it.
    I don't remember seeing it on Hotrod Hotline event coverage in the northwest either.

27. Lazer5000

Lazer5000

I would really love to see some more pics of the roadster. That thing is awesome!