Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Has anyone over 63 ever FINISHED a project?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The37Kid, Jan 1, 2014.

?

I FINISHED a car Project after I was:

Poll closed Jan 8, 2014.
  1. 65

88 vote(s)
    79.3%
  2. 70

20 vote(s)
    18.0%
  3. 75+

3 vote(s)
    2.7%
  1. jimcolwell

jimcolwell
    from Amarillo

Well, I haven't built a project since I was 10. I've always bought completed cars for marital reasons. My wife loves this hobby. As all know a car is never finished. This is the most economical plan. 1418441614923.jpg

2. Finished two! one at 65 and one at 66/67. If I had more room I would be doing number three. :rolleyes:

3. Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
    Tony Martino likes this.
  4. 27 graham,...you have a great eye for proportions, very nice truck.

1927graham likes this.
  5. hugh m

hugh m
    from ct.

I don't finish everything for various reasons, but I have enough of a resume that it doesn't come into question. Have one car that is maybe half done, but also finished several major projects during that time, if I don't have any unforeseen problems, or someone doesn't want it more than me my stuff gets done.

6. ronnieroadster

ronnieroadster

Its not very hard to actully finish a project . Just spending 30 minutes a day will get a project completed enough to get on the road. Hell just stay off the computer and actually work on stuff it will get done even faster! :rolleyes:

7. Król

Król

I did at 69. But not without professional help with body, paint, and upholstery.

8. Yes, but, not the car. I'm 66 and this summer I rebuilt my 66' wheelchair ramp, repaired the 12 yr' old wash machine, cleaned and (anti-graffitti) coated a 16x55 foot brick wall, did 8 maintenance repairs on my 20 yr. old Cherokee, went drag racing 16 times, got a stent in an artery. Not enough time in a day

Tony Martino likes this.
  9. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Man I like the look of that truck. You nailed it, very nice :) :cool:

1927graham likes this.
  10. Probably not a nice thing to say but appropriate for this thread, the eye for proportions probably comes with age.

LOL I have been working on this project since '10 only as the money comes in. I have to work on other peoples cars and bikes to make the money come in and this one will get finished hopefully by the time I am 63. I did farm out the roof I am ashamed to say. :eek: :oops:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
    1927graham likes this.
  11. I don't know yet...but I'm getting close on lots of them!

12. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Beaner,

Your house looks neat and you have done a terrific job of it. However, one of the secrets of my success (if any) is that I down-sized about ten years ago, sold the house (AND YARD) and moved into a condo. Now, since I don't have to rake leaves, shovel snow, or do anything more than change a light bulb or two I have a lot more time to concentrate on my projects. My shop is also a condominium in a storage complex (which I bought outright), and with taxes and maintenance costs me a total of $50 per month (for 1200 square feet). I think I've done the ultimate downsizing and now get along very inexpensively. I don't miss the house, but I do occasionally get a load of crap from my girlfriend. I just talked to a 58 year old guy that bought a 3500 square foot house on 5 1/2 acres. To me, at his age, this makes no sense at all (unless you are super rich of course). Oh, and I ain't rich at all; I bought the Corvettes when they were just undesirable used cars (during the gas crunch, carefully avoiding the cheaper big block ones), and was smart (or lucky) enough to keep them over the years while constantly working on and improving them.

Bottom line, the older you get, the less resources (time, energy, and money) you have. I've just arranged my life to maximize the portion of those resources I use on my car hobby.

Tubman

13. BoB Beeman

BoB Beeman

Can't say for sure , I'm just 71 and still trying . Maybe come spring ???