Register now to get rid of these ads!

has anyone ever??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RoadsterRod1930, Nov 17, 2008.

1. RoadsterRod1930

RoadsterRod1930
    from NEPA

i looked around on the net a little and here. has anyone ever put a cd player in a 6v car. i came up with buying a DC/DC converter to hop 6v to 12v to run a cd player.

2. iamspencer

iamspencer

3. chris55

chris55

When I was in high school, I put a stereo in my 53 chevy and used a 6v to 12v converter. With in a week it burned up my generator.

4. squirrel

squirrel

I bet if you looked around you could find a set of amplified computer speakers that run on 6v, and you could plug them into your ipod or discman

5. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

if you use a few good sized diode, you could charge 2 6v batteries in parallel while also using them in series to power the cd player.

6. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Anythings possible but here's my solution. At 64 years old my hearing isn't that good anyway so I build a sweet sounding exhaust and listen to the engine to entertain myself. With all of the idiots on the road you have to look out for, the everchanging scenery, and the window rolled down so I can feel connected to mother nature, I don't find the need to listen to anything else. I've long ago memorized all of the words to any music I like so singing while I drive is also an option. I don't expect anyone under 50 to understand so use this advice at your option.:cool::)

Frank

7. CJ Steak

CJ Steak
    from Texas

I'm 24 and feel the exact same way. That's why I still don't have a radio in the Willys pickup (still has uncut factory radio delete plate). I just drop the windows and take the most obscure backroads I can find into town. I've caught myself humming/singing some classic country before... on an "unrelated" note, dogs within 5 miles of my house have gone deaf!