Register now to get rid of these ads!

Has any one made their own

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gumpa, Sep 25, 2006.

1. Gumpa

Gumpa

I am in the process of designing so I can make my own Hub Caps. Has any of you ever made custom caps for your ride or do you just modify other types of hub caps to make them somewhat what you want? Gumpa

2. Bugman

Bugman

Grimlok makes them. So does that Kevin Lee guy. I think Kevin stole Grimlok's design though...

:D

3. Gumpa

Gumpa

I was just wondering how you guys made your own special caps. I am thinking of makeing the covers from aluminum (like moon caps) and then trying to use the bead roller to turn them like Saturn caps and using Beauty rings to hold them on. I am thinking of making the 4 bar spinners individuely and finding a center I like for them. Gumpa

4. Bugman

Bugman

Most of teh home made ones are spun on a lathe. That method assures that it's concentric. nothing worse than a hubcap that wobbles...

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. Gumpa

Gumpa

I didn't think of that. I was going to try to roll multiple beads starting with a centered circle and work my way out then on the last roll make it the right size to fit a beauty ring. May have to rework my thinking.