Register now to get rid of these ads!

Harvey's Broiler Razed Illegally!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cyclone Kevin, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Hence my final remark. I agree it looks great.....could look better though....so there! :p

For Jeremy, sorry didn't mean to upset you, didn't realise the other side it even said "broiler"......So on that side it reads "broiler Bob's"...??

2. I cant get over there til around 9...
    too late???

3. Sign sure looks a heck of a lot better than the one that was torn down!

4. anyone going on the 21st? i think i'm going to head up there after work.

5. John Denich

John Denich

Not if your going!!!!

No seriously I will be there!!!

6. yea, i'm the party killer................:D

7. Weasel

Weasel

Here are some pix of the inside from Thursday 10/15 - the excitement is building and it is going to be killer....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  8. Weasel

Weasel

As always thanks to CycloneKevin for his unwavering support and enthusiasm. A few more...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cyclone Kevin and kidcampbell71 like this.
  9. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo

Cool, thanks for the picture Guido !!!!!!!!!!!

10. 29Coupe

29Coupe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey Peddro,
    No worries.

-Jeremy

11. Gaters

Gaters

Made it out to the Broiler tonight with my Pop. We had a great time looking at the building and watching the guys put up some of the last of the stone work on the inside.

Kevin and Jim were kind enough to invite us in to sample a burger as the kids learning their jobs practices their new craft on us.

We experienced the bustle of some 75+ workers training on the last days before reopening, hearing the whir of the shake maker, the employee chatter as we sat in a booth, and watching the flow of evening traffic down Firestone Blvd pass by the huge clear glass windows. It's been some 25 years since I last sat in the Broiler, it was not only a thrill but an honor. What a great, great place!

My dad had a super time and I was overjoyed that he was able to share a few stories and hot rod history as we ate.

Kevin is a great concierge but an even greater steward to the history of this place and what it's meant to so many. I can't wait to see Bob's Broiler in full swing and back to its glory!!!

I can only encourage everyone to support Bob's Broiler and make it a regular destination. What a special place to go to unwind, feel the sense of history, socialize, and have a great meal to boot. You won't be disappointed.

Gaters -

12. If this was any cooler it would be frozen man!
    Love the shirts and the photos of the history.
    we will HAVE to motor down real soon, no more excuses...

13. KUZTOM

KUZTOM

The USA is all about fast food, fast woman, & even faster HOT RODS.............:D

Well done ,top effort,a credit to all involved.

14. Weasel

Weasel

I forgot to take photos but they have 10 different shirt designs on a revolving display. There are some cool designs and I'm sure they'll sell like hot cakes, talking of which, the chocolate cake ice cream dessert mountain was awesome - man I'm getting hungry again.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2009
  15. Bash

Bash

Well, it looks like one of the only ones who didn't weasel out of the Thursday HAMB cruise night, was the Weasel himself. Go figure.

Ron Morgan's Olds below.

Attached Files:

16. I made it about halfway there when my brakes quit. Thanks for the pics, friends.

17. Bash

Bash

The new Bob's Broiler really knows how to make a Big Boy, toasted bun and all (Opens Monday). Not a wet bag of mush like the Toluca Lake Bob's.

We got a sample tasting, yum city. Here's Ron Morgan tasting one. Note, he's wearing a commemorative Bob's T, though his particular T is ready for a retread job. No it doesn't represent the Toluca Lake Bob's, but, the Van Nuys Bob's once the center of cruise night Mecca.

You can get one of these T-shirts at www.kentbash.com

Jim said yesterday, the Broiler opens Monday. You can get your toasted Big Boy then.
    Just as importantly, looking at all the fine work that has gone, and is still going on, well
    it's just impressive. The architecture, the wall mural showing some rare photos of Bob Wian, celebrities, and of Harvey's-Johnies is all worth careful examination. The look
    and feel is quite sensational.

Attached Files:

18. RatBone

RatBone

that is too cool!

19. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Kent, Ron, Guido, Chris and Ken,
    Thanks for coming on by and having a Big Boy and stuff. Definitely appreciate the kind words and hope that evryone comes out to enjoy the Broiler once again.

20. Roadsterpu

Roadsterpu

The picture/tribute wall is absolutely fantastic. I am so glad you guys were able to do it.

Kevin:
    Last time we talked yuo mentioend that the franchise wouldn't let you guys do it. What changed? I am glad it did what ever is was.

21. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

It all worked out as an equal to Harvey's,Johnie's and Bob's Broiler. I'm glad that you guys like it as well.

22. Burny

Burny

Thanks for posting the picts. Wish I coulda made it last night...Didin't get home until 9:30 :(

23. 32gal

32gal
    from The OC

So its next Wed nite 21st at 5pm???

24. Wednesday! Wednesday! Wednesday!!!!!!!!!!

25. 29Coupe

29Coupe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey Bob,

What time you planning on getting there Wednesday?
    And are you still going on Monday?

-Jeremy

26. Can't make it on Monday. Wednesday,i'll be there right after work,so i'm thinking about 4-4:30.

27. John H

John H

Im coming straight after work...wed then have to go to race karts in Carson. I think though my family and I might eat there Mon nite. This is going to be very emotional for me. If you see a tall guy with tears streaming down his cheeks that will be me. LOL

JH

28. 59KUSTOM

59KUSTOM

You guys are killing me! Wish I could be there, but I'm not sure the '59 is up for the 6,000 mile round trip!

29. how late do you guys think you"ll be there on weds nite?

30. i'm going after work.....from way south oc. so it might take awhile traffic SUCKS......but wednesday it is!!!!!