Register now to get rid of these ads!

Harry Bradley's Hot Wheels....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Sep 16, 2010.

1. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Mike, that's a great collection! I remember a lot of that stuff from my first tour with Mattel, 1968-1974.

2. hellonwheels

hellonwheels

I can relate to all of the stories of redlines crushed by vices or bricks or whatever. Not one car remains from all of the redlines I had. Lost wheels or cars buried in the sandbox were not uncommon! But I do still have the Super Charger Sprint Set with original box that my parents bought me when I was too young to appriciate it. Somehow it survived without a trip to the sandbox! Viva la '68 Redlines!

[​IMG]

3. Oh yeah....! There's still a lot of stuff in attics and cellars that people are finding again! Sure wish I could find some!

4. Thanx Tony! We'll have to talk some time about those early days at Mattel.

5. deanosride

deanosride
    from georgia

hi any one know what the price to sell a 1970 bye-focal and a 1968 turbo fire i picked them up today at a flea market found out what they are worth on ebay but though yall might b interested.. thanks matt... [email protected]

6. Deuces

Deuces

I bought the Snake and Mongoose drag strip set in the late '80's.. The funny cars didn't have the redlines like the early '70's versions.. :( Still have the set and i do plan on painting the redlines on the tires one of these years....

7. J. Fitzhugh

J. Fitzhugh

Does anybody remember watching the Saturday morning Hot Wheels cartoon, or the comic books?

8. Can you send me a photo of the set and the cars?
    [email protected]

9. Yes! The cartoon was great, but the FCC classified it as a 30 minute commercial and it had to be pulled....
    There is only the show opening available on YouTube. I wish I could find any of the shows!
    The comic books were cool too! I have all 6 of them that were made.

10. skot71

skot71

Zowees! I never knew what they were called. I have 10 or 12 of those.

11. I have a handful of Zowee's in the museum. I need a few to complete my set. Do you want to trade or sell the ones that you have?
    Here are th ones that I have on display.
    [​IMG]

12. Mad Mark

Mad Mark

A old friend of mine just sent me a picture the other day asking me if I remembered a neat Hot Wheel thing he had. It's a store display of the first 16 Hot Wheels. No telling how he got it, but I remember it from a kid so he had to have acquired when it was new.
    And i'm glad to hear i'm not the only one who got beat with the orange Hot Wheel tracks. My mom was deadly with those things. :eek:

13. kennkat

kennkat

Here is my "Hot Heap" taken out of the package just for this pic...:):)

Attached Files:

14. ol fueler

ol fueler

I have some hot wheels myself . Here are a few of them .

Attached Files:

15. ol fueler

ol fueler

Here is what I do with them.

Attached Files:

16. kennkat

kennkat

:p Well my Little "Heap" just sits on the shelf in front of me... for inspiration, You Sir era a ANIMAL!!!:):):):):):):)TOO KOOL!!!:):):):)

17. Cool thread. I collected Hotwheels when I was a kid. I bought them at JC Pennys back in the 60's, maybe about a quarter a piece? I think my hellion brothers and cousins destroyed them.
    Recently, I found a newer Batmobile and had Barris sign it at World of Wheels. He was surprised, didn't even know Hotwheels made a Batmobile and took pictures of it.

18. acadian_carguy

acadian_carguy

When I was young in the late 60's I had most of those Harry Bradley Hot Wheels...I wish I had them now.
    About 5 yrs ago my son found this Hot Wheel in the sandbox at his school. Needless to say it's a keeper!

Attached Files:

19. mullskull

mullskull

if you dig Hot Wheels.. specifically Hot Wheels tracks than you owe to yourself to click on this link... or better yet, if you live in L.A. go to LACMA to check it out in person...
    it's a kinetic sculpture that runs 1100 hot wheel cars on 18 lanes of track.. each lane is over 65 feet long....

http://youtu.be/llacDdn5yIE

20. Deuces

Deuces

Hey Mike... I'm just now reading this..:eek: We'll do on sending you those pictures... Or, I can post them on here for everyone to see..;) I need to dig up the box I have stashed away first..

21. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

Im always looking for Redlines.. but the ones getting tough to find are the ones in Nice Condition..

22. Mad Mark

Mad Mark

Another good friend of mine likes to take Hot Wheels {and not vintage Redlines} and cut, chop & swap wheels and paint them up. He went to a local Hot Wheel club meeting with a few and was shunned by their members. They're all the "leave 'em in the blister pack because they might be worth something someday" crowd. :rolleyes:

23. Post them here or send them to me. It doesn't matter. Either way, I'll get to see them!

24. There are a lot of guys that modify Hot Wheels and other diecast! My son Chris does a lot of it! There is even a PRO category Customs Contest at Hot Wheels Conventions!
    There are guys that also find mint in the package Redlines, spend big bucks for them and then rip em open! So, the guys that he met.... well, I don't need to say anything do I....? ;)

25. Here are a few "Custom Hot Wheels"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

coneman likes this.
  26. Now that is some great work! Nice job!

27. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

it is amazing how few redlines you see at swapmeets or even toy shows (at least around here) and even fewer in the blister. I have several redline blisters and always looking for more of the early 29 ford woodie in the blister. (I have two now in blister and most of the colors out of the packages). also have the vw bus in blister and an a early deora.. I love surf related toys.... I collect Woodie related toys mainly with a few other surf related items thrown in.

I used to be a HotWheel addict back in the 90's had it really bad... maybe 3000 to 3500 cars in my collection plus lots of tracks, cases and accessories. took up to much room and money, sold 99% of it and got into hotrods.

28. ol fueler

ol fueler

Yeah , I figure I would get shunned by the Yuppie collector types too --- who cares??
    The people who irritate me are the ones who seem to think that to make my "junk" cars all I do is beat them with a hammer!! I can't count the times I have been asked if I used a torch, lighter fluid or the kitchen stove to "burn " this Ford.

Attached Files:

29. ol fueler

ol fueler

Hingeman--- Nice work! I am guessing that the Nash Metro was shortened from that big long race car type-- I intend to shorten one too --For the junkyard, you did a great job on it.