Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Harry A. Miller relation to Ted Miller?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by OHV DeLuxe, Mar 31, 2010.

1. OHV DeLuxe

OHV DeLuxe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Norway

A while back i bought a neat Winfield book from 1932, a very cool find in itself, but when i got it home i could not beleive my eyes. Inside i found three additional Winfield folders, different letters, and spec and pricesheets from a cam grinder called G.H.Gallineau Co. In SF.
    But the coolest find was between two pages i found a letter and a spec sheet from Harry Miller co on their 220 with their wonderful letterhead and all. the letters are signed with a Ted Miller.
    I got all courious about this and thought that some of Hambs great historians might know something.
    Also info on the above mentioned Cam guy would be great.. Thanks.

2. merlinsoars

merlinsoars
    from hemet

I'll dig out some of my miller stuff, sounds like a cool find
    merlin

3. carl s

carl s
    from Indio, CA

Ted was the son of Edna and Harry Miller.
    He seemed to be very involved in the Ford/Miller Indycar production that ended poorly and last in the news during the Preston Tucker trial:
    http://notorc.blogspot.com/2006/12/preston-tucker-story-2-triumph-and.html
    I'm sure others have some more specific details.
    I'll post a link to your thread on the HAMB PreWWar2 Auto Racing Thread

4. OHV DeLuxe

OHV DeLuxe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Norway

Thanks guys!

I expected the Ted Miller to be related. The letters are really cool and apologize for the late reply caused by their preparation of their 1932 Miller race cars for the Indy race.
    I could not find info on Ted by just skimming through my Miller litterature, wonder if he was just as special and particular as his father was known to be..:)

5. OHV DeLuxe

OHV DeLuxe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Norway

Any more info on Ted Miller?