Register now to get rid of these ads!

Harris and Hardgrove '28 Sedan

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fuel, Sep 15, 2009.

1. fuel

fuel

In the November issue of Hot Rod Deluxe, there is a pic of the Harris and Hardgrove '28 sedan from the '61 NHRA Winternationals. Does anybody have any more pics and information on this car? I'd really like to see a side pic.

I've searched but I can't find anything. Any help would be appreciated.

2. fuel

fuel

Pic is on page 34, lower left hand corner

3. fuel

fuel

Come on, guys! This is the HAMB! Doesn't ANYBODY have any info on this car?

4. brandon

brandon

anymore info...? is this "the tank "?

5. fuel

fuel

I don't know, Brandon. Unfortunately, I don't have any more info on it. I just saw the pic and really wanted to look at it closer. I loved the looks of it from what I could see but haven't found ANY information on it other than what was in the mag. I'm working on an A sedan drag car right now and I'd really like to check it out for my build.

6. brandon

brandon

the one i was referring to was red with white top ....full hood and sides , exhaust thru the cowl and hood. bobbed rails in front ...thinking disk on the front wheels.......ring a bell?

possibly from louisiana

7. fuel

fuel

The car was definitely from Louisiana. The pic is B&W so I can't tell the color. The exhaust does go through the hood sides and cowl. The pic shows it without the hood but it looks like it definitely had. There is a guy working on it in the pic. It's running friction shocks. Can't see the front end in the pic real well (It's cut off).

I think this may be the same car that you are talking about. I hope so.

8. brandon

brandon

this one....its been a favorite of mine for probably the last 15 years...talked to a guy from LA about 10 years ago about it. he referred me to boogie scott. he told me about it . only have seen a few shots of it , but would love to see more. post them up if ya got them ......anyone called the tank...ran out of shreive automotive

Attached Files:

9. fuel

fuel

Dude, Brandon! You da man! That's it! That car is Killer! It's on page 34 of the November issue of HRD. Go get a copy! I'll try to scan the pic to my comp and post it, too. Tell me some more about this car! What engine was it running? Is it still around?