Register now to get rid of these ads!

Harbor Frieght deal for New Years Day

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tugmaster, Dec 26, 2009.

1. stretch1963

stretch1963

how do you know she was a lesbian?:)

2. hotrod brice

hotrod brice
    from molino,Fl.

She had a mullet w/light mustache and a chain drive wallet!or at least that's the look around here.

3. stretch1963

stretch1963

ha ha :)

4. 3spd

3spd

I'm in high school, last year I dated a cheer leader and this year I am dating an EX cheer leader (she got too smart for it) and I still stop by harbor freight once and awhile. Can't beat some of their deals. I've got several pairs of their 99 cent leather gloves that are pretty nice. I also got a 1/16 - 1/2 by 1/16ths drill bit set for 10 bucks and I've had it for over a year and they can all go through steel no problem.

Ryland

5. ocool25

ocool25
    from Indiana

IMO at 25% off its still too much! One use and its junk! Might be better than nothing but not much. Got several things trashed out back like the sand blast cabinet, portable blaster and numerous clamps and hand tools!

6. Unibodyguy

Unibodyguy

I don't know how it is for the rest of the country, but if I buy hand tools from them and they break, I just take it back and they giove me another, no problems. I did that with a gear puller for a steering wheel. I'm outside of Vegas.

Michael

7. ocool25

ocool25
    from Indiana

Same here but I am usually frustrated enough I throw them away and go get a good tool someplace else!

8. Why buy cheap-ass and have to return it for another cheap-ass tool? Why not buy quality up front and never have to worry about it again? It's false economy to go cheap like that, ESPECIALLY with tools that can kill you if they fail! But hey, if "saving" ten bucks or a hundred to get a cheap-ass tool versus a quality tool, then you've defined to yourself what your life and limbs are worth to you with that cheap-ass, one-use tool. it's YOUR eyes, hands, or fingers, right? Or, maybe your LIFE?

9. Be discretionary when you buy and no-one gets hurt. I use some things from there, could'nt afford to have them otherwise, things like grinders and air tools. Don't buy their combo break/roller/shear, RichardD did and it broke first use! He also did not like the metal cutting band saw from there as the blade would jump off, but he did'nt want to stand there and regulate the cut. A much more expensive machine would have a hydraulic device, but for the price the HF machine is actually a good tool. One word of caution, when buying an electric hand tool from them it's best to plug it in and listen to it, you get a good one and it will last.

10. jrsautografx

jrsautografx

Hey Tug, I was in there the other day picking up a toolbox for my father in law, I think the same angry lesbian put it in my truck.

11. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I ran down to the Richland Wa store Sunday after a twenty ton bottle jack and ended up getting a few other pieces plus the 25% discount coupon that I might use tomorrow.

12. rschilp

rschilp

Overall my rule is, that if it has moving parts don't buy from Harbor Freight.

Most of the tools I buy there are not going to get me killed, but don't do a great job either, if I use a tool a lot, I buy a good one, if I just need it every so often and harbor freight quality is not going to cost me anything in medical bills I buy from them.

Thinking about using the 25% off on their new stretcher/shrinker, it looks pretty solid when I saw it in the store last week for $169 and may survive some of my limited home use, has anyone given it a try?

[​IMG]

13. T-Bone

T-Bone

Looks like it has moving parts.....

14. rschilp

rschilp

It does, that's why I'm hesitating.. it breaks my own rule and that's usually not a good thing to do.

15. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

No thanks IM TRYING TO QUIT.

16. IF IT CAN STRETCH A DOLLAR I'M BUYING ONE, DOES IT COME IN DIFFERENT COLORS?:eek::D;)

17. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

WELL, tomorrows the day. How about everyone come back tomorrow night and tell us what you got suckered into buying. Then we can come back in a couple of months and tell us what a piece of crap we bought.:mad:

Frank

18. djsilent

djsilent

Yep, I use one at work. It works OK to stretch, not great at shrinking but it works. The biggest problem I have with it is the dies constantly pop up so you have to push them back down before you can slide the sheet metal in. We have the kick stand as well, which makes it much more handy, but you really need to bolt it down as it jumps all over the place.

Would I buy one for my own garage? MAYBE, if it was cheap enough. Most likely I would just go to Fournier and get a good one that will last. The deep throat is virtually useless because it doesn't have enough power to shrink very far into the panel.

19. fastrnu

fastrnu
    from shelton,wa

i returned 3 portabands in 4 days. The manager told me obviously these arnt doing what YOU expect out of them i said "you mean cut steel! They gave me my money back and wouldnt sell me anymore.

20. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

HEY.... that was my sister man:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

21. BRENT in 10-uh-C

BRENT in 10-uh-C

22. thebugbox

thebugbox

That's priceless...:D

23. Perfect quote to start the New Year on!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

24. choke

choke

For what it's worth I got their deep strecther and I've actually shrunk and strecthed 18 g.a. in situations that my American made ones wouldn't do. Their built pretty solid. I bought two and mounted them on their kick stands. I just bolted the base of the stands to a peice of aluminum diamond plate connecting them back to back. Very solid. I just don't like the Mooneyes yellow color!!!

25. no55mad

no55mad

Picked up the portable garage. Thanks for the tip - didn't see it advertised anywhere but here.

26. Jimv

Jimv

First place" one use tool" is just an expression, most HF tools last.The price of Snap-on is thru the fuckin roof(always has been) & 99% of the tools out there are chinese made anyway!!
    Its a new world guys, better off saving the buck & putting it into something more useful, like cheap women or weed!!
    JimV

27. rschilp

rschilp

All these people on here with you should buy quality stuff that lasts and if not, you've set the standard for your life.. BS!

I've been successful in my life and I can afford to buy any tool I want or need, but don't see the value in buying a snap-on or similar brand that is just a little better then the harbor freight or other value tool place.
    I've got some snap-on tools, broke all of them on the first project and you know what, their life time guarantee is worth nothing, when I tried to exchange the tools I was told they had discontinued those tools and I couldn't exchange them.. what a scam. For the guys asking later, I bought the 3/8" fine drive ratchet and a set of neoprene (I think) lined sockets for polished/chrome bolts.

If I need "quality" I buy Craftsman or Husky, any Sears or Home Depot will honor the no questions asked lifetime warrantee and exchange the tool on the spot.

If I need real QUALITY, I make the tool myself or have it made by someone with the right equipment.

It's not a about price, it's not just about quality it's about value and for me that is defined as "quality for the price"
    Harbor Freight is good value: Low price, OK quality (if you are selective in what you buy) and replaced when not working.
    Craftsman/Husky is good value: Decent price, decent quality and replaced when broken.
    Snap-on et al. is low value: Inflated price, decent quality and replaced if the tool was build so it would never break.
    Self made tools HUGE value: huge cost in time and money, great quality and easily repaired if broken.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2010
  28. sixinarowjoe

sixinarowjoe
    from eastcoast

jim, weed isnt cheap either ! ive purchased some items from harbor freight (their version of beverly shear ,and electric shear ) and so far so good and i use them frequently ,and were in my budget at the time , , also have 3 air angle grinder that i use every day at work and they are still working ---

29. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

crap never had a problem with H/F then yesterday bought a pitman arm puller.broke it yesterday also.go figure:cool:

30. Jimv

Jimv

I hear ya joe, thats why you have to save a buck here & there!! Gotta set your priorities!!lol
    jimv