Register now to get rid of these ads!

Harbor Freight 12v heater

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RDAH, Nov 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RDAH

RDAH
    from NL, WI

Bought one this weekend for 9.95 with a coupon. plugs into Cig. lighter, has a fan & a defroster arm. Just plan on using it in the fall & spring of the year to get the chill out of my 54 F100. Should make the wife happy.

2. That's all it will do,,keep the wife happy,,I've used one in the past and it will keep you from freezing to death but want keep you warm. HRP

3. jamesgs4

jamesgs4
    from denver

Used one when my heater core clogged up once, did not work worth a damn. It couldn't even de-fog the windshield.

4. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

I just plugged in the one I bought 2 yrs ago..Ran for 15 seconds and stopped..Dead...

5. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

I had a buddy who plugged one in,then went back inside for a few mins while the windshield cleared and came back out to his car ablaze, it burnt to the ground.

6. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

If you lived in the sun belt maybe, but Wisconsin?

7. captmullette

captmullette

8. hankthebigdog

hankthebigdog
    from oklahoma

I tried one last winter in my A sedan. It was worthless for heat. It pulled amps and put out nothing.

9. bgaro

bgaro

i can't believe harbor freight would ever sell a poor quality product. hahaaaahaaha

10. mike in tucson

mike in tucson
    from Tucson

Think about it....12 Volts times 15 amps (their fuse size) is about 150 watts. Put a 150 watt light bulb in your car and see how hot and how quick it happens....NOT! Even a 1000 watt hair dryer wouldnt do much very fast (1000 watts is about 80 amps at 12 Volts DC). The little HF heater might heat your willy but not your car interior.

11. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I think everyone should buy original vintage heaters for thier cars.

12. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hell, put a real heater in the damned thing. You don't live in Yuma for cripes sakes. That I'm too cool to put a heater in my hot rod thing is way over rated.

13. Had one its a p.o.s wish I had my 10 bucks back.

14. I had one in my car, my wife would wear a big coat and keep it inside her jacket. I kept wondering if her coat caught on fire, would I save the car or her first :D

15. I am honestly shocked these things are still on the market, pretty much unchanged! I had one in my Beetle 20 years ago. It started to melt and caught on fire, I dropped it on the floor and it melted part of my carpet. I had to toss it out the window on the highway!
    At least I had an excuse, I had a Beetle. You have a watercooled vehicle. Get a real heater and keep your wife REALLY happy!

16. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Buy a real heater or move to the west coast

17. deto

deto

ding ding ding... they're pretty cheap and easy to hook up...

18. did the windsheild clear up?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.