Register now to get rid of these ads!

happy retirement to me

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by yblock292, Jul 30, 2010.

1. robleticia

robleticia

I hate you! Just kidding! Enjoy it to its fullest!

2. yblock292

yblock292

Just think Larry, some day you MIGHT be as old as me!

3. Tell everyone what you did on your first full retirement day! (giggle)

4. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

Congrats!! Been retired about 17 months and haven't run out of shit to do yet---don't get too comfortable.

5. budrow

budrow

It's great! Enjoy it . It's my 4th year, no regrets.

6. Been retired for almost 30 years now,,,,There is good in working and there is better in not...Have yourself a blast.. lets all pray that our retirement funds dont get messed up,if you get my drift..

7. johnboy13

johnboy13

Alright!!!! Congrats man, I'm 34 so only about 41 more years for me.

8. synchro7

synchro7

[​IMG]90 days, as of today. 38 years 4 days with the Federal Govt. [​IMG]

9. yblock292

yblock292

worked my ass off!

10. eticket

eticket

Congrats, and stay busy, I saw a chart from Boeing a couple of years ago that showed the average length of life after retirement. It was about 3 years but attributed to many of their employees who retired had no outside intrests, so they just sat around and watched their soaps all day. But from what it sounds like on this thread none of the retirees here are sitting around doing nothing. Me, I have 4 to 8 years before I can pull the yellow handle.

11. E HANSEN13

E HANSEN13

12. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

i WAS going out in 2 years.co changed policy. now i got at least 8 probly more:mad:
    congrats on yours tho.enjoy life.!

13. I felt exactly the same way. Then all of a sudden the company I worked for changed all of their policies and procedures; especially the ones where they actually trained and nurtured new employees and tried to give the customers the type of service they deserved.
    Within a very short time it wasn't fun anymore. In fact, it was very stressful. So, after 43 years in the same industry, I pulled the plug almost 3 years ago and haven't looked back.
    Since that day, I have been busier than a one-legged man in an ass-kickin' contest. The time goes by faster than it ever did before ( this part is not good), but it is very, very enjoyable in every other way.I still work part-time, and will until that job isn't fun anymore.
    Good luck and many happy years of retirement to you sir.:)

14. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Congrats, now you get to live throught the readjustment period. Mine lasted just over 15 minutes before I was accustomed to being retired. The biggest waste of 14 minutes in my entire life.:D

Frank

15. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

congrats! i figure in about 10 years i'll be ready to pack it in, i kinda like coming to work everyday and with my son working for me, if he is able to continue on with the business, i'll have someplace to hang out for a few hours iffin' the ole lady starts driving me bonkers!

16. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

17. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

18. LOL :p

19. yblock292

yblock292

day number three OH BOY OH BOY, still excited, already been to parts store got stuff, funny got up early this morning decided to pay some bills, sorting out which one to pay now and which ones after next paycheck.................Shit there aint no more paychecks!

20. Kerry67

Kerry67

I should be in a good enough place financially to retire at age 142.

21. Congratulations ! I did that about 5 years ago,...best job I've ever had but I'm still arguing with the Boss, She won't pay Overtime !

22. Congrats, man - enjoy yourself to the fullest!

23. You mean they keep sending BILLS after you retire ?? SHIT !!!>>>>.

24. teddyp

teddyp

best of luck have a ball hope to join youe ranks in 3 yrs.

25. 37 years? That's nothing. I closed our machine shop, and retired in Janurary after 50 years! Not that I wanted to. Obamanomics forced us out of business. I was bitter about it for a while, but once I got used to 7 Saturdays, I love it!!

Congratulations! You earned it.

26. 42hotrod

42hotrod
    from S.E. Idaho

17 years left to go in the fire service for me, I'll be the old f**k around the firehouse for sure at 57!!

CONGRATS!!!

27. jchav62

jchav62

Congrats!!! I only have 18 years left... :(

28. Rich Wright

Rich Wright

I've worked hard all my life. I finally moved to a rural area of Nevada in '95 and quickly discovered that finding work is not so easy. I've been out of work since '04... Now, unemployment here is over 14% so my unemployment has just evolved into retirement..

I'm glad I saved enough to make it workable:)