Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Happy Holidays to everyone

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lothiandon1940, Dec 5, 2017.

1. That's the one that brings you a lump of coal. HRP

2. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I knew you got coal when your bad and I actually have a piece and joke about it but you mean that theres actually 2 of those Bearded fellows...the Toy Guy and the Lump Master...I did not know that HoHoHo...:D

3. Ron I worry about you! :eek:
    Merry Christmas to the HAMB family and all those who serve. God Bless!

4. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

5. Chavezk21

Chavezk21

Merry Christmas! May your drinks be cold and your hearts warmed with wonderful memories.

6. fourspd2quad

fourspd2quad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks Don! same you you and all fellow Hambers. Another year on the right side of the grass! Come on Spring!!!!

Stogy, pat59, i.rant and 2 others like this.
  7. ......................You can say that again!:D

Stogy, pat59 and i.rant like this.
  8. Deuces

Deuces

Merry Christmas guys!!!!!;) tenor.gif

9. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and an upcoming new year filled with good health, happiness, and smooth cruising.

10. Happy Holidays to all, whatever your faith is or isn't. :)

11. ratrod0

ratrod0

12. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2017-12-11_8-33-11.png
    Hello,

The Kimpton Goodland Resort Hotel in Goleta, CA had a promotional arrangement during year. They have the Ford Woody Station Wagon out in front along with the Airstream trailer every day. But, for the different seasons, they are both decorated to fit the times. Summer, a longboard is on top of the woody. During Thanksgiving, the board is taken off to show a woody with the intention of travel to see family and friends.

Finally, during the Winter holidays, a Christmas tree is put on top of the car to show the traditional “let's go out and cut down a pine tree” theme. (or these days, bring it home from the neighborhood tree lot…)
    upload_2017-12-11_8-34-5.png upload_2017-12-11_8-34-27.png
    Jnaki

Something has to be said about car exhaust pipe noise. One time when my son was little, we had planted a living Christmas Pine tree that had been our yearly tree in a rolling container for three years. It had grown and outlived the container, so it was time to plant the pine tree in our yard. My son had chosen a place in the front yard near the street, so it could be decorated every year with lights and ornaments.

So, we had planted the tree and he was satisfied with the location. We went to sleep thinking about how we were going to decorate the tree the next morning. “When all of a sudden in the middle of the night, there rose such a clatter that meant something was not right…” So, sleepyhead wandered out into the living room and headed for the front door. I heard a car idling out in front. So, I opened the door to see an old VW Beetle with a pine tree on top of the car rolling away from our driveway at a drag strip start line speed.

Of course, what the “&$#@”… standing there in amazement. Our Christmas Tree in the front yard was gone and only a stump was left. It was planted in the middle of some 2 feet tall Rosemary plants cleared out in a circle pattern just for the tree. Whoever it was had to stand in the middle of the tall plants and hand saw the tree. It was a 6 foot tall Allepo Pine shaped like a traditional Christmas Tree. He/she probably smelled like Rosemary for weeks.

It was hard to explain to our little son why his tree was gone and answer his question: “Why would anyone cut down our tree?” This was the late 70’s and times were tough, but cutting down a neighbor’s tree? No ID on the VW as we knew most of the cars that our whole neighborhood drove. Being car people, we associated the identifiable cars with people and houses… "Oh yes, that old Malibu Convertible lives two doors down from the corner, etc.”
    upload_2017-12-11_8-36-35.png
    Check out the brown spot on lower left side of the photo. That is the circular tree planting site…
    At family gatherings, this topic eventually pops up, then, we all laugh at the ridiculous event that happened so many years ago. The living trees in future years were planted in the back yard for “protection.” (until... we ran out of room and my little son’s idea of save a tree reverted to: “save all trees” with easy to put up and store, pre-lit trees. )

13. MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR.

14. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:DHi Bruce.Hmmmmmmmmm,another one of those folks that use TWO parking spaces:rolleyes::p.Merry Christmas to all.
    Good luck.have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

15. 50 customcoupe

50 customcoupe

MERRY CHRISTMAS to each and everyone !!!!!! And a great 2018 !!

Stogy and lothiandon1940 like this.
  16. Yep....all the best to all....and wishing all good health !

lothiandon1940 and Stogy like this.
  17. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Come sundown, Happy Hanukkah to all those who observe!

Stogy and lothiandon1940 like this.
  18. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The Sled Race
    (With Santa Pondering his strategy)

HHC2017d.JPG

Another Christmas Wish for Peace, Joy and Happiness to Hambers and their Families.

For those that celebrate otherwise I extend wishes for Peace, Joy and Happiness to You and Your Families as well.

Regards,
    Stogy

lothiandon1940 likes this.