Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Happy Fathers Day - Hot Rod & Custom style!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jun 18, 2023.

1. I hope you all have a great Fathers Day, get outta the house and drive that Hot Rod or Custom today!

Post photos of you have them. HRP

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 18, 2023
    VF-1, CME1, '28phonebooth and 13 others like this.
  2. 3W JOHN

3W JOHN

Back at you Danny and happy fathers day to all the fathers here on the Hamb,

[​IMG]

VF-1, Deuces, AVater and 3 others like this.
  3. Tow Truck Tom

Tow Truck Tom
    from Clayton DE

Happy Fathers Day ALL You ALL

Deuces, AVater and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  4. CME1

CME1

Another Big Happy Fathers Day to all the HAMB Fathers ! 1942 FORD FIREBIRD 2023.jpeg

VF-1, Deuces, D type and 3 others like this.
  5. Spent most of Saturday doing cleaning & maintenance. Gonna go for a drive in a few…
    2023 Summer Portrait copy.jpeg
    Happy Dad’s Day!

Bandit Billy, Deuces, D type and 4 others like this.
  6. Looking forward to seeing you next weekend. HRP

7. I'm looking forward to photos from the All Deuce Run.
    Happy Father's Day!

Deuces likes this.
  8. Hang in there Phil, the All Deuce Run is this coming weekend, June 24th. HRP

Deuces and pprather like this.
  9. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2024-6-16_5-37-1.png
    Hello,

Our mom liked convertibles. She had her eye on a ice 55 Buick Skylark convertible, when we all went to look at the new Buicks in the showrooms. Of course, our dad, “nixed” the idea of a convertible with some points no one had thought of, at the time.

But, since he liked cool cars as he told us when we were then driving, I thought all of these years of driving a Buick from a 41 fastback to his cool line of Riviera sedans, he might like a custom car.
    upload_2024-6-16_5-37-39.png
    Our neighborhood mechanic at the nearby Mobil gas station usually parked his custom Mercury sedan next to the gas station office. So, every time we drove into the station for gas, we could not miss the custom Mercury Sedan. It was painted almost the same color Tahitian red as the custom chopped Ford truck down the street. Our mom liked the custom color and look, and that surprised us.

Of course, a custom Mercury sedan was a choice, since it was not a convertible. But, then, I also like convertibles, so I drew one, just for him. I even changed the color to suit his usual dark car color mode.

Jnaki

Then I remember that those old days of describing a convertible and his doubts of liking freeway driving every day with a floppy convertible top up led me to add something for “his version.”

A nice Carson top that seals the convertible as if it was a hardtop sedan lock, stock, and a 4 barrel v8 motor to boot.
    upload_2024-6-16_5-41-3.png
    Then at last changeover, a dark blue that ended up his favorite color during our teenage driving times. So, a dark blue version of the Carson top Mercury.
    upload_2024-6-16_5-41-35.png
    Happy Father’s Day from this big road worthy car to the newly drawn custom Mercury Convertible with a cool Carson top.

upload_2024-6-16_5-42-23.png

A far cry from his large Buick 4 door family car… YRMV

10. Trying to get this one back together.. been a couple years since it’s been out for a ride. IMG_7636.jpeg

rusty1, Deuces, Jim Bouchard and 2 others like this.
  11. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

image.jpg . Running like a champ.. got the new brake line brackets to boot.. Happy Daddio

Deuces and chevy57dude like this.
  12. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

13. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

my daughter bought me lunch at a the drive in. The grandkids had never been in a convertible before

IMG_0375.jpeg