Register now to get rid of these ads!

Happy Birthday WEEKENDER!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Stewed, Aug 18, 2011.

1. I know that it is SOOO fitting that today would be my old mans birthday and most of you SHOULD be headed to the HAMB Drags right now!!!! He built this old World Record breaking Henry J, and his best known skill was to never meet a stranger!!!!!!!!!!! He LOVED this forum because it was about the real meaning of HOT RODDING and the love of the car's!! Not the amount of money you could spend on someone building it for you!!! Rest in peace dad and have a great time watching the Drag's from above!!! You are missed !! TIMMMMMYYYYYY!!!

Attached Files:

2. scarliner

scarliner
    from Macon Mo.

A true friend, a real hot rodder and sadly missed, never really out of my thoughts.

3. McGrath

McGrath

Yep, I wish he was still around. It was because of him that I have had a lifelong interest in Cars and Drag Racing. RIP Tommy...

4. trailer-Ed

trailer-Ed
    from JC, MO

Yeah, your dad was a #1 guy. His little J helped spark my car interests as well. I remember it as a young kid running at MAR.

5. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

Timmy, that is cool that ur pops bday would be during the drags! Rip weekender.
    Tim, ya at the drags?

6. Damned right he is missed. Your dad was good people no doubt about it.

7. Graham-Cracker

Graham-Cracker

Timmy ; Tommy Is truly missed ,Was a real up standing guy.Wishing you all the best that life has to offer & beyond. LEON Ps. Can we do burn outs on streets of Gold?

8. Thanks to all of you. Breeder,, NOPE, not there!! Only dreaming of Joplin this year. I have had very busy year and a lot of iron's in the fire!!! NOT quite as bad as your year of Swimming but busy!! My old man LOVED this forum and loved just beeing around guy's who shared his intrest in old Hot Rod's!!! Thanks again!!

9. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

Damn, they prolly had to lay off a couple of cops, seeings how u weren't I'n town!:D

10. I went ahead and sent them the fine money to keep them working!!! I feel it is my civic duty!!! I bet the beer stores will not have to restock till after christmas seeing how neither one of us made it this year!!!

11. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

Haha. Never thought of that! Maybe I should send the kum n go a check for the both of us! Think 500 would do?:D

12. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

13. NO,,, wait,,, each??? Yeah maybe! I haven't been drinking as much lately! 500 each should have covered the beer/no ice!! Probably nobody doing burnout's at 3am either!!!! WITH the cap's off!!! I wonder if they even had the damn thing since we didn't go!!! I will be their with bells on next year!!! Talk about a stimulus package!!! They could open a '"Stimulus Package Store"!!!!!

14. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

Haha. I hear ya man. I didn't think I could miss 2 yrs I'n a row, but I have! Hoping to have time n money for next yr, but with the wife due I'n April, I'll have to wait! Man, I hope this kid is yours! :)

15. If he grows up getting pulled over every week,,,NOPE not mine!!! Didn't know she was expexting. Guess that is the product of not beeing able to get out of the house for a week!! AND I do not own a boat SO I couldn't have gotten to her!!! I would check to see if any "Kropdusters" have boats!!! Those guy's can't be trusted!

16. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

It's a product of living in an RV for 9 weeks! Hallways are to narrow! ;)
    Kropdusters? Pfft, them dorks don't have any money to raise my,,,err I mean, your child!!!!! :)

17. I MIGHT claim the kid IF he is WHITE, a BOY,, and his MAMA comes with the deal!!! And I do mean your wife ,, not some old gal from around the Waylon bar that has some financial tie to the bar from a ,,, welll,,, anyway!!! Let me know what she say's!!! Oh and I do have my eye onn that 1959 BOAT???? CAR????? that I have seen on you page!! Maybe you can throw that in tooo!:D

18. atch

atch

timmy,

i miss your dad every day. i still drop in at the cemetery to talk to him occasionally. sure is strange him not talking back. he was NEVER at a loss for words.