Register now to get rid of these ads!

Handy videos or place to collect them?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MyOldBuick, Feb 12, 2007.

1. MyOldBuick

MyOldBuick

So I've been sitting there thinking . . . you watch the shows on TV . . . the build team descending on the unsuspecting mark's car and voila . . . instant automobile self-gratification. Personally though, I'd love to see more behind the scenes and how people are doing things in their own shops, not the "wow, I just happened to have this computer controlled CNC machine that we're going to sculpt some 20 inch wheels from" but instead good old ingenuity at work to build stuff pretty decent and without huge expenses.

The equipment is out there, and from some of the video's I've already witnessed, it's being put to some good uses. I'd love to see videos on everything from the simple things (hammering/dolly work/etc....) to completely wild things, like complete roof chop, frame z-ing . . . well, you get the picture. There's a lot of places to host the videos, like YouTube, etc... so that's not a barrier either.

Anyway, this is just my random thought for the day. I wish I had about 1/1000th of some of the talent that I've seen on the board here, but that's what it's all about . . .reading and learning . . . and seeing would be just another great asset to add into things. What do ya' think? Am I off my rocker or is this a viable idea?

Later.

2. MyOldBuick

MyOldBuick

3. flypa38

flypa38

That would help me out too. Might be A.D.D. but I learn more from watching how-to videos than reading articles. I know there are LOTS of those kinds of videos spread around, but a page with links to alot of 'em would be awesome! Does it already exist?
    Johnny