Register now to get rid of these ads!

Handy carb fitting

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dentisaurus, Mar 4, 2015.

1. dentisaurus

dentisaurus
    from Boston

I was looking for a convenient way of installing hard lines on my '94's and realized that a Swagelok reducing Union (3/8" to 5/16") is a perfect fit. The 5/16" side is 1/2" 20 thread and fits like a bought one. Now I just need to get them is Stainless...., ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1425502938.154209.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1425502965.885959.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. are the seats the same?

3. dentisaurus

dentisaurus
    from Boston

I didn't use the seat in bottom of the hole in the carb, used a sealing washer and Loctite 545. Like the banjo fittings that Speedawy sell . Should have said that in the original post.

4. I used some SS fittings for hard lines. They use a ferrule with a flat on it, that sits in the fitting. When you tighten the nut it collapses on the tubing. On the edelbrock carb, I cut the ridge off of the end of their stock fitting, and the 90* fitting slipped on, and I tightened it up. Good way to connect and change direction. I'll see if I can find out the manufacturer.
    edel fittings.jpg