Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hands of Time

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Buckle, Mar 18, 2006.

1. Buckle

Buckle

So I'm sitting deep in thought and happened to look down at my hands, I mean really take a look. I see the wear and tear earned from twenty years of projects, helping friends with their rides, and age I guess. I see a slightly twisted index finger that didn't quite heal right after a break, I can't remember how or when that happened, or anything about each scar for that matter. These resemble the hands that used to get me in trouble back in High School for having grease under the nails. Mine are tools of the passion that I've had since I can remember, the passion that consumes my thoughts much of the time.

Just thought I'd share, and no I'm not smoking weed or on any heavy pain killers. O.k., back to work for now. :D

Buckle

2. tred

tred

it looks like you should focus more on your teeth and not so much on your hands...

3. muffman58

muffman58

LMFAO!

4. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

Damn! Zing! Man your not busy enough, get back to work! I look at the scars I have and some I can remember, one on the thumb from when I was 8 and my grandpa got me my 1st swiss army knife, I was whittlin away on a stick when I sliced my thumb open, 3 stitches on my birthday! Others from working on cars, pools, and of late building the garage.

5. Dugg

Dugg

I'm still laughing at the teeth comment... no offense intended.

Interesting post Buckle - it has us all looking and thinking. I have a scar across the back of my right hand from a model airplane prop when I was about twelve. That scar is near the mess between my index and fuck-you-finger and knuckles that really didn't heal up well caused by road rash from getting into a corner too tight on my '62 Truimph Bonneville. The knuckles have now developed arthritis from accelerated wear and aging.

These hands have served my creative mind well and I ask for twenty more years from head, hands and body.

6. steele138

steele138

battle scars or badges of honor,i wear them with pride....don't enjoy obtaining them;each tells a story..usually i don't come out looking as clever as i would like but hey its a good story
    steele

7. tred

tred

among the scars, i still have two metal splinters in my hands, and let me tell you, that old 'tale' about a metal splinter being able to travel through the blood stream into your heart or something is not true.
    i'm still kickin' and it's been about 15 years now...

8. Belchfire8

Belchfire8

Hands really can tell a lot about the man. Mine aren't too bad, just a few small scars, and that's a wonder, i work with steel cuttting rule all day, i've never had a stitch. There is one slightly mishapen knuckle from the potato cannon "incident". But I do know an older fellow that i hunt with, now this guys hand tell a real story. He worked for the phone company for many years as a repairman, he farmed in his spare time and built/fixed any equiptment that needed it. He built housed, barns, garages, etc. His hands are the most knarled, twisted digits you've ever seen, it's a wonder they work at all. A couple years ago he closed a finger in a garage door as it came down. That finger points a whole different direction now. This mans hands tell his whole lifes story, a hard working, independant guy that's not afraid to try anything, we gotta be proud of our scars, as long as they were earned honestly...not by a potato cannon!

9. Buckle

Buckle

No offense taken, Chuck made a funny comment that had me laughing out loud here by myself. Man, the arthritis thing sucks sorry to hear you have to deal with it, I have it in my ankle and shoulder that causes me trouble sometimes. 62 Triumph Bonneville, cool bike! Glad to get you thinking.

Buckle

10. Buckle

Buckle

Oh yes, the potato cannon. A great invention, I've got a story about one of those. Man, that guy sounds interesting, definately more hardcore than I've lived. You need to post some pictures of his hands, naw better not. :D

Buckle

11. ozark

ozark

Those teeth made my daughter cry. She asked me to tell him never wear them again.

12. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Tredboy....
    I just spit all over my monitor!

Yes,,
    I look at my hands closely and realize that I am looking at my fathers hands.
    I can still remember his hands helping me when I was young.
    All torn beatup and wrinkly from too much abuse and misuse.
    I'm proud to where his hands. I miss him....God bless him!

13. Rrumbler

Rrumbler

Somebody said that scars are tatts with real stories; I guess some of us have some stories written on our hands - I know I sure do. Just the other day, a friend was sitting across a table from me, and she started examining my hands and arms, and asking questions; I never realized just how many stories the past fifty or so years of construction work, wrenchin', ridin', drinkin' and fightin' had put on me. :cool:

14. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Of all the scars, I don't like the burns. The burns scare me. How close to really fucking up a few times...that smell...You'd think you'd feel it BEFORE the smell but for some reason smell travels faster than pain.

And another thing, why is it when you smash a finger the nail grows back but when you smash a thumb you get a stupid wrinkle in it and the split apart eventually? It has only been 19 years, maybe I haven't waited long enough.

15. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Aaron, I did pools too. Got a nice one on the back of my thumb when I decided to run a screw gun too deep. Had to put it in reverse to get my hand out of my glove...still haven't learned anything.

16. that must be a doobie stickin outa those teeth, pass it over I'll tell you about my scars and broken bones!
    really nice reflection thanks, it good to stop and look at your own damn self once in awhile

17. Buckle

Buckle

"Scars are tatts with real stories", I've never heard that before, but that's a good way to look at it. Guess that's what I was feeling when I was looking.

Buckle