Register now to get rid of these ads!

hand made hotrod. who said it couldn't be done

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pat Pryor, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

If it was not for the Mary K Cosmetics color of this little car I would love the hell out of it.

2. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

lol yea im still working on that. it will have new paint very soon. i remember a lot of beer being involved when mixing colors.

3. PackRat42

PackRat42

Just read this whole thread, I'm blown away. Makes me wonder where I have gone wrong. Needless to say its BAD ASS.

4. greasemunkee

greasemunkee
    from San Diego

This thing is amazing! Now I'm just staring at my A bones thinking about how much skill I'm lacking! A true work of art.
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

5. Skimmer

Skimmer

Great thread .........

6. harald

harald

Just awesome ,very inspiring to go and try stuff yourself.Car looks great and you stuck with it and finished it,and that takes determination and skill.

7. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

thanks guys.

ok so last weekend i made some hood sides. still need to do a little work. let me know what you think. and i just got myself a new rear spring, so today ill throw that in. it should jack that rear up a few inches. ill post more pics later on today.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Master of None

Master of None

I like the flare you made for the main tube of your header. I just hope its not going to be too close that it burns the paint off when you decide to paint.

9. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

How are you going to get the sides off? Looks like you have to run them down the length of the side pipes. I'd think it'd be better to have them so you could lift them straight up and out. Less of a chance of scraping something.

I've been following this build from the beginning. Awesome job, I wish I had the talent and talent to do it myself. Very nice job.

10. Edelbroke

Edelbroke
    BANNED

Excellent work! (I have an original steel complete 26/27 Roadster, Can measure whatever you need)

brEad likes this.
  11. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

ooo might have to take you up on that.

12. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

yea i run them down. eventually when i change the exaust ill make new sides. theirs so much stuff i would of liked to change if i started over again. a few months ago i was actually thinking of pushing it out into the woods and forgetting about it lol. thanks

13. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

its only about a quarter off the header i may spray high heat paint on it but i am not too sure yet what color want to paint it. or just clear it

14. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

Lookin' good, man!

I'm picking up that coupester body next weekend, you find a shop yet? ;)

15. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

thanks.nice let me know when u get back . na not yet still lookin.

16. MUSALP73

MUSALP73
    from ankara

<!-- message --> Do you have '32 Ford measurements (body)? I will check if it is suitable for the chassis a.l.p.:confused:

17. Just found this thread, I’m stoked. I like to see this kid of work; I’m impressed of this handmade job. You got a real nice coup, congrats!!!

Lars

18. ClimisCD

ClimisCD

Who ever said they don't build em like that anymore, did not have you in mind. That is very impressive work.

19. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

thanks guys. heres another shot from 40LUV of last weekend.

[​IMG]

20. topgas36

topgas36
    from east texas

hats off, is that color beer goggles lavender?!

21. rotenjon

rotenjon

I can't believe i have missed this thread until today, Some people learn to build things, some people have a knack, but you my man just have it flowing through your viens! It is a comfort to know that after us older gearheads pass on there is a young gun like you out their keeping it alive.

22. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

ok got the top almost done just waiting for the trim. but it dont look too bad for not knowing what i was doing and for it being 25 degrees out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

brEad likes this.
  23. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

haha its call it what you want color.

24. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

thanks. the only problem is theirs not too many young guns willing to get there hands dirty anymore. this country has turned into a bunch of clean hand sissies who think they all are gonna go to college and get an office job.

25. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Oh, sure...at least one a month...LOL.

The car looks great! I read and posted on your thread during the early stages of your build, a year and a half ago. For whatever reason, I only took another look maybe once or twice 'til now. Maybe I knew it was gonna be "long road", and was afraid if I hung around too much, you'd put me to work! Or maybe I just didn't wanna witness the self-inflicted "torture" I knew you'd endure...LOL. But it's like magic for me now, having last seen your project only roughed-in, and now seeing your almost finished masterpiece. Wow! So glad you didn't "push 'er out to the woods"...:eek: Would've been almost understandable though. A thousand "attaboys" for seeing it through. I think that in addition to all the attributes that building a hot rod requires a person to have, it must be one of the most intense combinations of plain hard work, and abundant artistic ability. You kick ass in all departments Pat!

BTW...gonna take better look at your thread, so I can witness "the horror" too...:D

26. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

haha sure id put anyone to work if they were standing around too long haha. yea i wish i could of just saw it at start then at finish it would of saved me the harror haha. thanks buddy. i also am making a movie of the whole build. just started editing it a few weeks ago. this way you can sit in on the self inflicted torture. lol

27. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

hey, hey, hey now!! I'm a 22 year old recent college graduate CHICK who certaintly doesn't mind getting my hands dirty!! :D

Sweet car! What an incredible car! now thats some REAL talent!!

28. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

Now you need to chop it~ :D

29. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

haha sorry i should of put with the exception of HAMBers. but good for you. thanks.

30. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

haha ive thought about that a few times. i think it would look real good with another 3 '' off the top. but i have a 32 to build now.