Register now to get rid of these ads!

HAMBs goin' to Barrett Jackson in Scottsdale???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Car Gurl, Jan 13, 2009.

1. Van Dutch

Van Dutch

but how'd she get past the "spanky assiter" name thing. Amy Assiter. You know you're up for some teasing, especially if you have a nice looking ass even in khakis and a man's sport coat.

2. The37Kid

The37Kid

MY MONEY??? That might get you the Hoss Cartwright Rod & Custom Mini Bike. Enjoy your lunch with the new neighbor!:D

3. ol gasser

ol gasser
    from here

It is still a chainer party.It is for the rich who can not build there own car
    but want to say they are part of the car movement.While they sit on there yacht with there other Hollywood friends.Smoke and mirrors. I still will not watch it that is supporting it there are other shows on and movies. So it has cars on it.So does pimp my ride and i do not watch that.

4. Kerry67

Kerry67

Can you play an instrument ?? Bet you still listen to music.....

So what if people can't build a car, I can't but I still love them and they are my biggest hobby. I can do some stuff but I am by no means a builder.

5. Right On Kerry67. Where would this hobby without the customers who had Barris, Winfield, Westergard and all the rest of the professional shops around the country build their dream cars.
    I'm getting sick and tired of all the comments about the concept that if you don't build it yourself, it's not as worthy as if you did. The pro built hot rod and custom is as traditional as the ones built in a guys back yard garage.

6. Kerry67

Kerry67

Thanks......I may not be able to build a car but I am always F'king with it and shagging down parts at swap meets & online, going to car shows, autions, junkyards, hanging in the garage drinking beer and staring at it, etc....... so I consider myself to be a car guy.

7. noboD

noboD

Amen Rich. I can think of more then a thousand cars I can't build and I'd be glad to let someone else take credit for if I owned them. The Hirohata Merc, the Super Bell coupe, the Elvis car, the Ralph Loren Bugatti, etc. I wish I had the cabbage to compete!

8. You know, for an old guy you are amazingly lucid!

9. I gotta say I talked to lots of guys and and even have a couple in our club that dont build their stuff,Why?? because they ended up in fields that never allowed them the time to build cars or they were never raised around anybody that taught them how to spin wrenches.......bottom line they love this as much as any of us,maybe different perspective and alot more money but they do what they can to enjoy this as we do,yeah some just buy stuff to be on tv but its a damn small part of this,face it these guys were sucessfull enough to have the cash to play,and if I had that kinda extra cash I might be sittin right there,cause there was some kool stuff sittin in the tents waitin to go across the block when I was there yesterday

10. Kerry67

Kerry67

Meatball.........You just described me. Nobody in my family was into cars except me, but from my early teens until 5 years ago when I moved to AZ, I was playing guitar in rock bands instead of learning to wrench. But, I always loved old cars. Now I am able to have them and I do what I can. So, I enjoy the hobby as much as everyone else, I just have to pay for some things that most of you don't.

11. Kerry .thats my point,I dont give a damn if ya build it,buy it or if you have help building it.God knows I've got a lotta friends helping me with the pie wagon,there is alotta I can do but Im not as talented as some guys I know.If these guys have the heart to try thats what I measure a hot rod guy by,Like I tell the guys in my club,drive ''em and have fun...............

12. Bought vs. built; street rod vs. hot rod; traditional vs. rat rod; tractor grill vs. car grill; flat vs shine; Chev vs. Ford, rich vs. poor; chocolate vs. vanilla. Here we go again. These rants could go on forever. Somebody post some pics so we don't have to read.

13. Kerry67

Kerry67

Oh, I have tried to do some stuff. And some of it has cost me more to have fixed after I "tried" than if I would have just had the work done in the first place. To me it is all about having an old car and appreciating it for what it is. I can get off more on my POS than some of these guys with the big $$$ cars.

14. look at the bight side most guys on here couldnt set up a floyd rose or fix a sure57 :D

15. Van Dutch

Van Dutch

originaly posted by PoconoRat
    Bought vs. built; street rod vs. hot rod; traditional vs. rat rod; tractor grill vs. car grill; flat vs shine; Chev vs. Ford, rich vs. poor; chocolate vs. vanilla. Here we go again. These rants could go on forever. Somebody post some pics so we don't have to read.

That's some good shit right there.

But I still think Vanilla's better.

16. Kerry67

Kerry67

Or can they play "Eruption" ???:cool:

17. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

We're selling my Dad's Studebaker Custom called Super Sonic... And yes, at 67 years old, he BUILT the majority of the car.
    Runs on Saturday prime time, and I'll be driving it up on stage, so wish us luck!

jay

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Kerry67

Kerry67

What time Saturday ? Do you know ? I will be there to cheer you on...

19. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Im here now.. It runs around 4 PM.

Thanks man!

20. The37Kid

The37Kid

I'd really like to know a bit about the bidders at Barrett Jackson. They are spending money they EARNED. Many own their OWN COMPANIES? How many familys get fed, schooled, and keep America moving, because of these people? If they stop spending this counrty is going to be in a bigger mess. TV is long overdue for a show on how to become sucessful in life, NOT all of life is about money, but it sure is nice talking to someone that has made it. The ones I know aren't bragging, rather humble about it in fact, but always interesting to hear about those that have made it. Nothing wrong with hard work.

21. Section 8

Section 8
    from AZ

WAAY back in this thread, I posted about the fact there are cheap cars there too.

Well, I put a bit of money where my mouth is and bought this there today for well under $1 per pound:

"Powered by a 455cid big block engine with matching numbers factory air conditioning, power brakes, power steering, tilt steering wheel, power windows, AM/FM radio, interior light group and speed alert. This is a beautiful, rust-free, three owner car from San Antonio, TX. It was re-painted once in 1983. Has less than 25,000 original miles and documented with the original warranty booklet, owner's manual and service receipts. A pleasure to drive."

<TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 10px">[​IMG] </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<SCRIPT language=javascript type=text/javascript> function disableButton(e) { //Do you button disabling here e.disabled = true; e.value = 'Searching...'; var dialogwait = document.getElementById("dialogwait"); dialogwait.style.visibility = "visible"; var pagewrapper = document.getElementById("pagewrapper"); pagewrapper.style.visibility = "hidden"; } </SCRIPT><SCRIPT language=Javascript1.2 type=text/javascript>// (C) 2003 CodeLifter.com// Source: CodeLifter.com// Do not remove this header// Set the message for the alert boxam = "This function is disabled!";// do not edit below this line// ===========================bV = parseInt(navigator.appVersion)bNS = navigator.appName=="Netscape"bIE = navigator.appName=="Microsoft Internet Explorer"function nrc(e) { if (bNS && e.which > 1){ alert(am) return false } else if (bIE && (event.button >1)) { alert(am) return false; }}document.onmousedown = nrc;if (document.layers) window.captureEvents(Event.MOUSEDOWN);if (bNS && bV<5) window.onmousedown = nrc;</SCRIPT>
    <SCRIPT type=text/javascript>//<![CDATA[Sys.Application.initialize();Sys.Application.add_init(function() { $create(AjaxControlToolkit.CollapsiblePanelBehavior, {"ClientStateFieldID":"ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_CollapsiblePanelExtender1_ClientState","CollapseControlID":"ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_panelDocketSearchTitle","CollapsedImage":"images/foundation/expand_blue.jpg","CollapsedText":"(Show Search...)","ExpandControlID":"ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_panelDocketSearchTitle","ExpandedImage":"images/foundation/collapse_blue.jpg","ExpandedText":"(Hide Search...)","ImageControlID":"ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_Image1","SuppressPostBack":true,"TextLabelID":"ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_Label1","id":"ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_CollapsiblePanelExtender1"}, null, null, $get("ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_panelDocketSearchContents"));});Sys.Application.add_init(function() { $create(AjaxControlToolkit.CollapsiblePanelBehavior, {"ClientStateFieldID":"ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_CollapsiblePanelExtender2_ClientState","CollapseControlID":"ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_panelAdvanceSearchHeader","Collapsed":true,"CollapsedImage":"images/foundation/expand_blue.jpg","CollapsedText":"(Show Search...)","ExpandControlID":"ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_panelAdvanceSearchHeader","ExpandedImage":"images/foundation/collapse_blue.jpg","ExpandedText":"(Hide Search...)","ImageControlID":"ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_Image2","SuppressPostBack":true,"TextLabelID":"ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_Label2","id":"ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_CollapsiblePanelExtender2"}, null, null, $get("ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_panelAdvanceSearchContent"));});//]]></SCRIPT><!-- End Right Column -->

22. You have a great eye for a wonderful car. Unappreciated today. but in 10-20 years people will be fighting each other to own such a piece of American automotive history.
    Take good care of your new baby.

23. Are you kidding me! Seriously, it's cranks like you that we need less of and not guys willing to spend money like the guys I watched last night bidding on cars.

Your "chainer" keeps me in business.
    Your "chainer" lets me build cool shit for you to ogle.
    Your "chainer" buys parts from other companies like mine
    Your "chainer" makes it possible to keep those parts affordable.
    Your "chainer" will buy your car when you need cash to pay your rent.
    Your "chainer" supports this hobby more than you

I had a couple of old cranks come in my shop with your same attitude complaining about how expensive I was. Bitching about how it was going to cost them 5 to 8 thousand dollars to repair his car. I looked him square in the eye and told him that the next words I speak will piss him off and make him leave. So I said "Why is it perfectly OK for you to make a buck, but I have to work for peanuts." And he did leave, rather pissed off. And right behind those two were two "gold chainers" that came to pick up their cars that I had finished last week, paid their bill, smiled and thanked me for my fine work.

I LOVE your hated "chainers", so what if they want to make a big deal about it, promote the hobby of restoring, modifying and collecting old cars.

24. Kerry67

Kerry67

Section 8, I saw that car and you got a HELL of a deal. Looks like a nice driver worth every cent you paid. Bet it floats down the road in comfort. I dig them old boats.

Congrats !

25. lawman

lawman

Whats is cost to attend this auction?Tickets,food,drinks or hotels.Would love to take my 20 year old Grandson some day before I'm gone !!! LOL

26. Section 8

Section 8
    from AZ

For $3,500, I couldn't pass it up. Especially with $1.50 gas.

27. When people ask me if I built my truck I tell them "my only skill is writing checks and since I started owning old cars I've gotten really good at it. " If that makes me a "gold chainer " where can I order a Mr. T starter set ?

28. You hit it on the point!.....maybe its time you tried to get to know the "chainers" alot are good guys that perfer to support the hotrod shops because they are busy doing things that dont give them the time to build or they never learned or are new and the Shops help them with safe cars,these guys for the most part could learn from the traditional guys IF we take the time to talk on a one to one basis with them. FYI ol gasser you couldnt be more wrong about it being just a "GC" party,ran into alotta guys there that I know and most work on their shit,and I dont do everything on my cars and Im not a gold chainer,mines silver! I had one hell of a good time....JMO

29. Kerry67

Kerry67

Granted there are a lot of snobby people out there who would or will put there nose in the air toward a lot of us, but most are cool once you get them talking about the cars. I do know I am jealous and wish I had their dough and was able to buy some of the stuff running over the block.

I REALLY want Eddie Van Halens Nomad. First off because I love Wagons and his is just how I would want mine and second, because I am a guitarist and he has been a hero for 30 years.

30. Its supposed to be.

There was a big write up of it in a magazine a few months back.