Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest HAMBers you would enjoy meeting in person.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lothiandon1940, Nov 29, 2020.

1. I know that we've done this before, but hey, maybe there are others that you would enjoy meeting in person. Sometimes we feel like we know a person simply from the fun interactions that we have with them on here, but do we really know them? Post up the member(s) that you would enjoy meeting in person at some point. That person(s) that you always seem to relate to on here. The one whose responses are just what you would say given the same situation or has built their car in a fashion just like you would have done. Pictures are a plus for sure. One day I want to meet Danny (HRP) in person and his lovely bride, Brenda. I've always looked up to Danny and I'm sure that I would in person.:rolleyes:..Have at it guys (and gals). Who would you enjoy spending some time with comparing your life stories and car related happenings?...........Thanks, Don.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
  2. ..................and who wouldn't want to spend a day with Mark Moriarity, curator of one of the finest collections of memorabilia, exotic show cars, and well, just cool stuff. I could literally spend hours marveling at the depth and quality of his automobilia while he prepared us a grilled cheese sandwich on a hot plate.:D;) .......Just messin' with you Mark. 1836655-c77f1ac8a78bc4245e49570ddeb62fcb.jpg

papacub, hrm2k, 41 GMC K-18 and 35 others like this.
  3. I wanna meet @Lloyd's paint & glass, and all other '57 owners. To prove that I'm the biggest '57 dork here haha!

4. ..............and how about prolific hot rod builder, scrap metal 48. I've liked all of your builds, Milo, but Mr. 800 really tripped my trigger.:) MR 800 for sale 011.JPG

5. .....You mean this guy.:) 346389.jpg

6. chevyfordman

chevyfordman

I would like to meet you someday, a 40 guy

7. Don,,,,,,who is in the pic in post #2 ?

Tommy

8. .................Danny on the right with stock car legend, David Pearson. Do a quick search for his stats. One of the best to ever drive a stock car.

9. I thought that looked like Danny,,,,,wasn’t sure .
    Yep,,,,that’s Pearson,,,,,,about the only guy that ever gave Richard Petty any competition.
    David Pearson was a driving son of a gun,,,,,really had talent .

Tommy

10. If I could spend an afternoon with @olscrounger and his wife, maybe I could absorb a tiny fraction of their profound knowledge of 1940 Fords. Between the two of them, I think they may likely be more familiar with '40's than even Henry was. 20340-1222750703-ac2cef4b22a3340672bc355720fc7095.jpg

11. oldsfrench

oldsfrench
    from France

Hello from France
    The first guy i’d like to meet in person
    Is @paul55
    If you open the link, you will know why......
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/posts/12916749/
    they are some hambers i like a lot and would like to meet too
    Loudbang, dannyhrp(hotrodprimer),rickybop,
    ron funkhouser jalopy joker ,moriarity .
    They Are the guys i follow with many other guys.
    Living in France,it’s not easy now,
    But i project when retired to do a long
    Vacation trip to the usa and if possible to meet all those great people

Geo32x3, Nicholas Coe, Lil32 and 14 others like this.
  12. jim snow

jim snow

Well since you asked I can start with you. Missed ya last year at Jalopyrama. Moriarty is another one. Joey Ukrop, Ron Funkhouser and Rickybop. Snowman

Rickybop, J.Ukrop, Joe Troilo and 9 others like this.
  13. ................Kind words indeed, Jim. Saw your car there, but somehow missed catching up with you. Hopefully at some point in the near future.........Thanks, Don.

14. .............and how about squirrel, aka, Jim Forbes.:D.......Drag racer, engineer, tinkerer extraordinaire and all-around tech guru. Need a reference for a SBC engine#, who else would you call! 3595.jpg

15. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

Don,
    I realize this doesn’t really answer the question, however, here goes: Along the way I’ve had the good fortune to meet a number of HAMBers and have enjoyed all of them much. Based on this sampling, would love to meet them all but realize thus won’t happen. Maybe when things get back to normal, the events and such will be there to meet more.
    Thank you for the post and grateful for the opportunities to interact with you folks!

16. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'd like to meet all that have been named Moriarity for sure! Chris Casny, Marty Strode(?) I am sure a bunch more. Hell I'd even like to spend a day taking a peek at Ryan's world and getting to know the guy that owns the place!

hrm2k, Lil32, Ron Funkhouser and 6 others like this.
  17. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

As a weekly contributing member, I really like the FAS ( Friday Art Show ) and I always look forward to the stories and history and occasional films by @jnaki .
    The entire weekly group of artists that contribute to the FAS are all fascinating and very talented.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2021
  18. Here’s my list, in no particular order:
    Lloyd from Lloyd’s Paint and Glass
    Squirrel
    Blues4U
    Vandenplas
    Mike, Southcross 2631
    Anthony Myrick
    Gene Koning

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

19. Frankly, I'd be tickled pink to meet any or all of you, I'm not the easiest guy to get along with so maybe you wouldn't feel the same though! Maybe I shouldn't say that !! I'd still like to meet ALL OF YOU.... I have met almost all of the Chicago south side guys, an awesome bunch of guys. We’re all alike, just a bunch of gear heads !!! Mitch

Last edited: Mar 12, 2021
    302GMC, Big mike 1968, Lil32 and 11 others like this.
  20. Well fellas if you're ever in central Ky you'r all welcome at my bodyshop! But be careful, you'll probably end up with a piece of sandpaper or a roll of tape in your hand lmao! I've had the awesome pleasure of meeting @scotty t , we watched some drag racing together and I drunk his beer :D but I have a list a mile long that I'd enjoy hanging out with! 427 sleeper, Chevy 57 dude, squirrel, Moriarity, invisiblekid, Andy, 37 hotrod, 57 Fargo, highlander, Anthony Myrick, Don, loudbang, one bad 51 merc, hell all of you! It's hard to think of everybody! And I hope one of these days it happens. Amazes me how much help I recieved from you guys, thank you so much!

21. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Met Marty Strode... Made my day. Dean Lowe too at the Outridders picnic. I’ll catch Jim (Squirrel) some day along with JNAKI and other locals.

Many were and are my friends already always looking for new ones while I can....

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
  22. oldsfrench

oldsfrench
    from France

23. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I can think of only one or two HAMBERS I wouldn't like to meet. Out of all the talent on here its difficult to narrow it down but I've got to go with Roseville Carl. Plan on going to Eagle field once this Covid crap is over and watch his flathead powered FED run. And if along the way I have a chance to meet some of the other heavy hitters here on the board, well that is just icing on the cake, so to speak. And of course we can't forget the Boss for all he does to keep this site what it is.

24. Ah hell I feel like any of us could have a blast if we got together.

I would happily hang out with any of the guys mentioned so far, reading stuff @Ryan writes when he references himself tells me I have a feeling we would get along great...I think we are similar.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

25. VANDENPLAS, Blue One, Lil32 and 8 others like this.
  26. I consider myself a fortunate man to have met as many Hambers I have already had the pleasure of meeting over the last 17 years and am looking forward to meeting many more of you in the future.

As Don previously said, the friendships are like we have already met face to face and shook hands, I can't think of a single person here that I wouldn't enjoy spending time with.

I consider you all friends and I am humbled by the mentioning of my name, In my case there are names that automatically come to mind but I really don't want to omit or alienate anyone and fear I might, lets hope this damned pandemic is eradicated and we can get back to normal and add more names to that list.

With that being said, I would like to meet the man that influenced my interest in hot rods when I was 12 years of age, At the time when I saw that hot rod magazine with the red roadster pickup on the cover I didn't realize it at the time
    but it would have a huge influence on me that would last a lifetime.

That member is Dean Lowe. HRP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 12, 2023
    Blue One, SR100, Lil32 and 15 others like this.
  27. 34Larry

34Larry

Jim Forbes.................

Chryslerfan55, as soon as this shit goin' around that will kill me is out-a-here, we'll get together.

28. -Brent-

-Brent-

I've met and befriended a number of HAMBers.

I wouldn't pick one of you over the other... if we can chat about hot rods, I'm cool with that.