Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration HAMBERS Lets see shots of your kids helping out on a project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by striptnut, May 6, 2011.

1. striptnut

striptnut

Well lets see em !I know alot of you guys got pictures of your "future hambers" helping you out on a car build . I myself got 5 kids ranging from 20 all the way down to 8 yrs of age . All of them love old rusty iron . chrome , race cars . and cruise nites. I know Im not alone out here trying to pass the torch on the love I have for this hobby. Ive only been able to find a few pictures at the time of me thinking about this thread .Ill see if I can locate some more. One of the shots is of RAY. One of my oldest He bought that truck for $250 saying he wanted to make a cruiser out of it.So far so good. The other shots is of my two little ones Samson and Gabriella . Those two love cars and are able to hand me a tool out of the box if Im stuck under a ride and dont have the right tool handy.Our kids are the future of this sport guys ! Lets see some more pictures !

Attached Files:

2. low springs

low springs
    from Long Beach

my 17 yr old baby girl. her first car.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

my youngest son, he's 4 months in the pic. he's a 1 1/2 yr old now.

[​IMG]

3. Tenacious A

Tenacious A
    from Willis Tx

I failed! My boys are fast and furious fans. My car is a horse and buggy to them.

4. Jaker

Jaker

my oldest:
    [​IMG]

5. striptnut

striptnut

Well maybe to your kids but how many other kids do you think you inspire just driving that bad ass ride down the road ?

6. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Few years back......

Attached Files:

7. rickairmedic

rickairmedic

Ok not my Kid but one of my grandsons testing out his new ride while it was still under construction .

[​IMG]

I will add one of just his ride for a better look.

[​IMG]

Flames yes hot rods should have some flames :D.

[​IMG]

Rick

8. Vetteman61

Vetteman61
    from Tennessee

My nephew came up to help me put the engine back in my '60 Cadillac. He seems to have a budding interest in cars and even found out about and asked me to take him to a local car show here.

My father owned a GM dealership for 33 years. This was shortly before the back-stabbing garbage at GM came in a shut us down (it's not that they shut us down, it's HOW they shut us down, and the money they still refuse to pay us). As I've mentioned before, the building, which had been there since the '20s, is now literally a parking lot.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We took this one after an accidental spill of transmission fluid. We both thought it would be a great way to really mess with his mother. Hehe.

[​IMG][​IMG]

9. mark arnold

mark arnold
    from oregon

MY WIFE AND 14 YEAR OLD SON WORKING ON HIS PICKUP.[​IMG]

10. slickhale

slickhale
    from Phoenix

my oldest son in my uncles '51 shoebox, it was my great grandpa's, he bought it in '55.

Attached Files:

11. GrizzGang

GrizzGang
    from D/FW

My 3-year old checking tires on the golf cart. He doesn't know that gauge is broke.

Attached Files:

12. cederholm

cederholm

Not sure if I'd call this helping.
    [​IMG]

13. striptnut

striptnut

Great pictures Hambers. Keep em coming ! These photos let us know that this sport / hobby is going to be around for awhile huh? I dont know about you guys but Its a comforting thought .

14. My son Austin working on our '04 Colorado a few years back.
    [​IMG]

My son Austin was the ony one around at the time whose hand was small enough to test the operation of the float/gauge in this fuel cell.
    [​IMG]

15. dirtydixon

dirtydixon

It's never too late!
    When I was younger I didn't care much about old cars (I liked em just didn't know anything, hell still don't). All the kids were into imports. My dad & I would go to car shows and he would talk about how he wanted to fix up his 38 chevy thats sitting in the woods. At the time I wasn't real interested. (too busy chasing girls and the such) It wasn't until a couple of years ago that I started getting on him to do some work on his 38. I ended up buying a 54 chevy pickup last year that takes up my/our shop time for now but as soon as it's running I'm diving into dads 38. I can't wait to get that one started. I figure it's better late than never.

16. striptnut

striptnut

Well said dirtydixon !

17. My daughter verifying seat pan fit on the Dragster

Attached Files:

18. Our little Oskar and me did build this thing last year for the local soap box derby.

[​IMG]

19. badsco

badsco

My oldest two the day I brought home my Olds. They advised me on the best way me unload it off the trailer and then helped me hose out the inside so they could play in it for a bit

Attached Files:

20. Jake D 56

Jake D 56

My 10 year old son helping sand my truck.

"Holy crap Dad, is this thing supposed to vibrate my hands this much?!"

Yes son, yes it is.

Attached Files:

21. TinShed

TinShed

Here are my future HAMBers

[​IMG]