Register now to get rid of these ads!

HAMBers in Waco, Tx

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kustom55, Jan 28, 2004.

1. I know there are a few of you around here from Waco and the nearby cities...just curious who you are and what you think of the area. Thanks....TO keep this car related....how many of you will I be drinking with at the Roundup?

2. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

I grew up in the Waco area and just moved from there last year...not a bad place to live. My parents are still in the area. There are still quite a few older hot rodders if you know where to look. Don't expect to find a lot of guys your age into the kind of cars you are, though.

Cost of living is cheap, and there are more than a few good restaurants. Not much of a bar or club scene to speak of. It is a good central location for events in DFW or Austin, however. About a 1.5 hr drive to either.

Mind if I ask why you are asking? Seems like we might of met at the last Roundup, but I'm not sure. I can tell you all about Waco at this year's Roundup if you'd like. There used to be thriving rod scene there...it's for the most part underground now.

-Brian

3. THanks. We might of met last year. I came from Cali then. Thanks for the info...I am headed up there this weekend to see if we like it...I might have a possible job opportunity there so I just wanted to get an idea. All of my hopefull job prospects here in Austin have gone away and we are trying to think about everything.... anyways thanks again and I will be in the red/black 55 poncho at Roundup. See ya then!