Register now to get rid of these ads!

HAMBers in China

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by panhead_pete, Dec 10, 2009.

1. yes i have stayed in hong kong and been over to old canton whee my coz live,s and he thought he was mario he was a animal to ride with .... they like newer cars and i dident find any bone yard,s there so i guess it will be a few years and yes they like speed to when staying on south bay road in the compound i got to se a few super charged austin martins thet had been reworked an lambo a lotus all for am street raceing and they did it right behind the biulding has a great view but 2 till 4 am is loud
    with cars roring up the 3 mile hill flat out then the s curve they seem to change plate,s on the cars often
    it was a blast to watch

2. Except that the people really making $$$$$$ off of you are the American corporations who outsource to China and specify really low standards as part of the contract. Be absolutely clear, the Chinese will make anything to any standard required - it's just that mostly they're asked to build it down to a price.

3. torchmann

torchmann
    BANNED
    from Omaha, Ne

I've been in alot of import warehouses and that's true. you get what you pay for is universal. They do have some good stuff but almost none of it gets imported because america already has an established market for quality made legacy products.
    One thing though. If it were not for the "dragon luck happy bead" wire feed welders on the market, I would never had been able to buy my miller 135 new for $500 and if it wasn't for long ling and double happiness brands, firestone and michelin semi tires would cost lots more.

4. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Had a great day today, went to the Great Wall which is sensational!!! After a LOT of effort I found the Beijing Classic Car Museum which is a private museum holding one guy's cars. Was surprised to see a couple of American cars and lots of Chinese cars, some of which could be used for custom fodder. I cant access photo bucket here but will post pics when I get back.

Get past the hate guys, life is too short and EVERY Chinese person I have met this trip has been very nice, even the street hookers :)

5. tomslik

tomslik

do they have a harbor freight over there?

6. Ya, but it's full of American made crap!!-MIKE:eek::D